Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Economics and Finance UCD vs Global Business TCD

• 01-07-2022 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Both these courses have been considered and I like the look of both but uncertain which should be my 1st preference on CAO. In terms of salary, type of positions and life in general, which would be your first pick? Trying to get some feedback as both courses are appealing to me so I'm trying to not make mistakes or have any regrets. Hope someone can offer their opinion and help me decide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭HerrKuehn

Economics and Finance in UCD seems more mathematical so would be more useful for investment/trading type roles. I think it really depends on what you are interested in. What types of jobs seem appealing to you? After college I think it is best to find something that you love doing. It is possible to do a reasonably good job at something that you like or find ok. If you love something, you spend a lot of time thinking about it and that makes a huge difference. In that case you can be great at the job and then in my experience the money naturally follows.

Advertisement