Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunting warning signs

Options
  • 07-07-2022 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Operating on a Sec42 on some fantastic land, forestry and open hill. I encountered some lads on scramblers in the middle of the woods. Spoke to them, explained that it was private land and the coillte woods was back over the fence through the gap the deer had made and they drove through(not that they should be in the coillte woods either!)

Anyway, to cater for those in society who don't recognise fences or boundary walls, I decided we would put signs up at those points of crossing.

Any suggestions where to get such signs? Along the lines private, firearms in use etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Would something like this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭tomtucker81

That'd be ideal if people paid attention. I can see signs put at the different entry points people use and they will still come through. 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Google for place, something along the lines of stop sign

"Danger !

Do not enter

This land is private and used for hunting it unsafe for members of the public to enter at all times."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,951 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Print out on A4 ,laminate and tack up on all approaches that the pests on scramblers are using. Let people's own imagination as to what's there do the rest.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

This isn't Cambodia, anyone that's lived here any length will know it's a joke sign and ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,951 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Worked pretty well for me for the last decade or so. BTW alarm mines are a thing here.They fire 12 GA or 8mm blanks, Keepers use them for protecting pheasant pens and such from 2 and 4-legged pests.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

This works the other way as well - to protect the public. There's a local wood near here, partly Coillte and partly owned by multiple people. Local people use this for exercising. Every now & then, some f***ers park up at one of the various entrances, no signs and go in and start shooting. I've been on these tracks at dusk and had the unpleasant experience of shots going off round about. All you can do is let off a few roars but God knows if they can hear. Occasionally I'll drive around after and if I find any cars, photograph them and send details to local Gardai station. Absolute menaces, only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Rescueme0007

Any sign with the final admonition "....Survivors, will be Prosecuted!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement