Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Furniture Storage

Options
  • 20-06-2022 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

Just looking for recommendations for furniture storage, preferably ones that are indoor as opposed to the shipping container types as I'm not sure if we will be storing over the winter months just yet. Also wondering if anyone has an idea of prices or experiences with any particular companies, if they could PM that would be great. Location around Dublin and North Kildare.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

The containers are as good as any indoor location as they are airtight.

I used this guy about 15 years ago https://www.adverts.ie/other-services/straffan-self-storage-warehousing/15443176

Easy to deal with. Rural location between Straffan & Sallins, so not too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 laois15

Hi, I may have storage to suit you here in Laois if interested. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Is that right though? Most of them don’t look particularly airtight? Water tight maybe?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Mr Hindley

I used container storage for all my stuff, including a fabric covered sofa, mattress etc over the winter, and it all worked out fine. Like you, I was nervous, but I needn’t have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gkcf22

Oh good to know, how many months did you leave them for? My fear I suppose is condensation if it's particularly cold and gets warm etc again, think if I'm not sure about the length of time a temperature controlled one might be better for us. Will check out the prices of both, thanks all for the tips!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Mr Hindley

Most of my stuff was only in storage for about 6 weeks, I think, but I had a sofa in there from about September to January/February, and it was fine. I'd suggest having some Febreze handy just to freshen things up afterwards, but no damage or mould or anything like that. I went with Storebox out in Clondalkin, who were really helpful, and you could come and go as you wanted. Obviously I can't guarantee about whether it will work out for you, but I'd happily go down that route again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

We used https://djhanleys.ie/

Really good service. They came to our house, collected everything then when we moved they delivered everything to our new address. Our stuff was stored in a self contained wooden crate within a massive warehouse. We could access the unit with 24 hours notice. Cant remember the cost precisely as its a couple of years ago but I think it was around €100 per calendar month. Couldn't fault the service anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭LunaLoo

Just to note our neighbours were renovating recently and used a container as storage. When they were moving back in a lot of their furniture had warped and swollen due to temperature. They had 3 really good chest of drawers that could no longer be opened because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gkcf22

This was one of the metal shipping container types that is left outdoors more or less is it?

I'd imagine it depends on the weather etc but I think we might look for an indoor/temperature controlled one as we may have them in for a good few months

Advertisement