Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP McManus Pro-Am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

That's just for the image though. Their improved image gets them more sponsors etc. Corporate Social Responsibility it's called in the business world, it's marketing.

I think if someone arranged a charity pro am like this they wouldn't be as keen to all play at it.

It just seems too good to be true that it's all out of the goodness of their hearts that all the top golfers are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Hooked

"It just seems too good to be true that it's all out of the goodness of their hearts that all the top golfers are there."

It ain't... It's all over the news today (thanks in part to Pat Perez' plastic influencer wife) that the WAGS are given a 10,000 euro gift card to shop in the Manor or Adare Village AND she had pics of he Breitling? watch ('one hell of a welcome gift'). Plus being fed and watered at the Manor... Money follows money!

Shur, look at Bill Murray being flown to Dublin for Limerick VS Galway... and he wearing a RARE Limerick jersey WITH the Adare Manor logo on the front! These celebs and golfers just love being pampered by a billionaire! Everybody wins.

And I ain't bitter FYI - I'm a Limerick man - and I love what JP does for the county!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,210 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Is Greg from Love Island playing??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,834 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What happened Schauffele?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

Jp is a fantastic human being..his wealth supposed to be 2.3 billion .the man could easily hide himself and his money in Barbados and live life away from the maddening world. But no he is sharing his wealth .creating employment. Putting feel good factor in to people's lives ..can each county have one please..and forget about a government. Jst disband it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭BrianD3

10k vouchers and Breitling watches are small change for a WAG of a top pro golfer. And in any case, these women will do what they are told - no way would any of these pros be playing in this event so the wife could go on a shopping spree and be pampered. There has to be much more to their attendance than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,834 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Maybe not Barbados but I'm sure he's happy enough with Switzerland!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Break80

Jeez the begrudgery on here is mad stuff.

I presume the only free golf is for the pros, someone had to stump up the 150k to have a team in the pro am irrespective if it's daddy's money or company money it's still going to charities.

Let's look at it for what it is, a chance to have a good day, get close to your idols in a relaxed fun environment.

I know there will be benefits for the pros and JP down the road but we will never be in a position to raise that kind of cash so fair dues to all involved.

It's the way things work when you move in these circles I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Begrudgery probably putting it very lightly. Lies and hate a bit more apt, crazy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

what beach was shown there on the TV coverage? it looked like lahinch, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭Xander10

Has anyone bothered watching it today?

After the first couple of hours yesterday I pretty much tuned out since. Novelty worn off.

Ps I do appreciate that being there following the top pros would be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its going to need a bit of work to get it ready for the Ryder Cup.

Rough will need to be seriously grown.

Its going to need alot of grandstands as its a not a good viewing course.

Alot of the greens are raised plateus so its hard to see the hole and putts.

Traffic was very light again this morning, parked in the village and walked onto the course through the pedestrian entrance in the village, which is very quaint.

Came away around 3 , my legs are like stumps from all the walking ,9 hours on feet yesterday, 4.5 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Why no Darren Clarke?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭Xander10

You should have hopped a ride in Tiger's buggy😀

Re the course, I think them changes will be made to the set up. Money won't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Really difficult to view anything alright unless you're right behind the barrier and in an elevated position. Is there any other major events planned for the course between now and 27?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Funny you say that, I came across a deserted buggy yesterday afternoon and was half tempted to hop in and drive off, should have brought the high vis jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Any idea who is caddying for Tiger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Harrington is playing really decent going into the Open. Might be worth a bet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Also, any idea where everyone is staying? Only 104 rooms in the resort by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I’d agree except his constant schedule, he’ll be wrecked, I hope he misses the cut at the Scottish

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I was saying that myself and my wife pointed out all these people should have no problem affording a helicopter to any number of hotels within 100km of Adare. They even mentioned during the broadcast there is a constant stream of helicopters coming and going

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tiger staying in Cashel Palace

Volunteers put up in the Woodlands Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Enjoyed today for what it was - Not a good viewing course like most have said. Greens are awful viewing as you can’t see balls land from fairways and can’t see greens putting since they’re so high up

We took a spot at 17th tee for last 90 mins and saw Tiger, DeChambeau, McIlroy, DJ, Rahm etc hitting off. That did the job

Tiger moving awfully gingerly and dare I say his swing isn’t looking great (probably because of that)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Thought Tiger was excellent with driver off the tee, very efficient swing but I do cringe at his limp and I cannot understand why he picks up his tee and ball from the hole

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭benny79

Jesus, good to see the Irish begrudgery strong and well! So what if he doesn't paid tax in this country! Most the elite don't that includes the big corporations too like amazon and google or pay very little but they bring 100's of jobs thats how it works. If I had his money I wouldn't pay tax here either! Sure are Government are worse than the mafia! Just look at the shambles of port tunnel, Children's Hospital and future maternity Hospital & metro will be know doubt..

I'd say what he does for Limerick and the economy, far exceeds any money he would pay in tax that would more than likely be wasted! I love the way us Irish see someone do good and have to whinge and bitch and find fault!

Fair play to him and this coming from a Dub.. Although I would like him to lower his Green fees 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's concerning regarding it not being a good viewing course. Would imagine it's a case of there being more grandstands there for the Ryder Cup surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

The course was designed and built with the Ryder Cup in mind so there will be plenty of stands and viewing positions put in place.

Ultimately the aspect of the tournament wouldn't be the priority - getting the course to Augusta levels for perfection will be the main goal. A successful Ryder Cup just opens the door to future tour events down the line. Win win for JP.

Also the begrudges on here need to cop on and enjoy something positive that just happened - there is little of it going around at the moment so enjoy it when it does swing by.

Yeah, it's a certainty (and has been acknowledged) that it will look differently for the Ryder Cup, with grandstands being introduced around a number of tee boxes and green complexes.

FWIW, I was there both days and thought it was an absolutely excellent venue and event. I expect they'll host something on the DP World Tour in 2025/2026 to iron out some of the other wrinkles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭mosii

Great event , but giving 10000 euro to wifes and girlfriends of multi millionaires to spend,(I know its towards local community),for some reason just dosnt sit right with me.

Advertisement