Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now TV - latest deal codes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Those "other methods" are reducing the legitimate price for the likes of me and you... Long may they last

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭Peckham

Anyone know if you can watch NowTV from another EU country? Going on holidays to Portugal next week and would like to be able to watch the Ireland-All Blacks matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

You should be able to as you'll be in the EU

Thanks - it wasn't clear from the website as that says you can't watch it outside the UK. I didn't see any relevant section for ROI customers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes have used in EU before, no VPN needed.

One thing to watch out for is I couldn't make any purchases with the account when in EU so make sure you have whatever package you need purchased before leaving.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Got an email earlier about 3 months Sports for €30, so will be purchasing that today for the match tomorrow!

M

Yes just remember that the special offer for Sky Sports and Sports Extra usually comes for a month from the date the Premier League kicks off which is 5th August, if you take out the 3 months now you won't be able to take out that offer on that same email address. The 3 months for €30 deal is usually on offer all year round so not the end of the world.

That deal was:

Sky Sports €150 for 10 months

Sports Extra €120 for 10 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

The 3 month offers work out cheaper then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

NOWWBXNCJLWB

3 months sports for 30

expires july 11th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Isn't the premier League stopping for 6 weeks for the world cup? The deal will have to be slightly different this year

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Sports Pack Deal….

Don’t miss a minute and join in with a €30 for 3 months Sports Membership (worth €117)

Hurry! Offer expires 11 July. 

Claim your offer 

After offer, Sports Membership auto-renews at €39 a month unless cancelled. Voucher code: NOWWBXNCJLWB

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

Has anyone an entertainment code? Thanks

Did you try the codes in the previous posts?

I tried the previous one posted but it's not working now

NOWBBYEYBBZE

expired 30th June but give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Just got the following in an e-mail. Used to be able to watch on 2 devices at once without boost I believe, so thats a bit of a kicker

From 11 August, the price of our Entertainment Membership and Cinema Membership will reduce, and the price of Boost will increase:

- Entertainment Membership comes down to €11.99 a month (was €15)

- Cinema Membership comes down to €11.99 a month (was €15)

- Boost goes up to €5 a month (was €3)

Members without Boost will be able to stream the same shows and movies, with ads, on 1 device at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

From 11 August, the price of our Entertainment Membership and Cinema Membership will reduce, and the price of Boost will increase:

- Entertainment Membership comes down to €11.99 a month (was €15)

- Cinema Membership comes down to €11.99 a month (was €15)

- Boost goes up to €5 a month (was €3)

Members without Boost will be able to stream the same shows and movies, with ads, on 1 device at a time.

M

Got an email today about price changes for the base price per month (who pays those 😁) from August onwards, ads will be coming to those without Boost, I assume it won't be coming to Sports as that wasn't mentioned in my email.

Entertainment from €15 to €11.99

Cinema from from €15 to €11.99

Boost from €3 to €5.

Those without Boost will now have ads and only be able to stream on 1 device at a time, I think currently you can stream on 2.

Most of the entertainment channels already had ads as well if watching live so I presume this will apply to the on-demand movies and entertainment. The live cinema channels might also be getting ads from the sounds of this email.

The big thing here will be the reduction from 2 devices to one for the standard plans, was always handy for sharing a sports pass

As you say the sports wasn't mentioned, presumably due to a lack of "on demand" sports and the live channels already having sports

M

Yes not sure how it would work on live cinema, I'd imagine it would need to go across the board so would irritate those with SkyQ having to watch ads and paying top dollar, probably just going on the on demand versions to keep everything in sync.

I don't think I've ever used more than 2 devices at once but certainly would want more than 1 as an option, kind of makes you have to go with Boost. €5 a month is steep when most months I would only pay €5 for Entertainment 😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Given that you would want to be off your head to pay the standard monthly prices for Entertainment and Cinema with the near-constant discount codes knocking around, a price decrease is almost completely irrelevant. The increase in Boost price while dropping the number of concurrent devices on standard viewing is a typical Sky price-gouge trick.

I got Boost for €10 for six months so am sorted until late October. However it would frequently happen that the NOW service is being used by more than one device at a time in our house so the reduction in devices is a pain in the ar$e.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

€5 for boost is a farce - 50fps is essential for the sports channels, for the cost of the sports packages it should be included without any extra subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm just holding out for a good sports deal for the season like last year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The price decreases don't make a whole lot of difference, because you seriously have to question anyone paying Full Prices, given the sheer amount of codes freely available in here.

The Boost option is pretty mandatory for anyone watching sports anyway - shouldn't be but it is. We've seen 6 month codes for a Discounted Boost in here too. Some may have to pay for Boost now, to use 2 devices, but with a Code, it shouldn't really make that much of a difference - As Long As, the Codes still are freely available here.

My Sports is up in early Sep, so hopefully at the start of the Prem league the 10 a month offer pops up.

My Boost runs till December, so happy with that,

I'm hoping for sports extra deal, €10 a month was fantastic value for all the rugby last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

NOW9R0YT6PERB This code still worked for me today for boost €10 for 6 months

Advertisement