Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Terminal List - Amazon Prime- (***Spoilers ***) Chris Pratt

Options
  • 08-03-2022 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭

Starts July 1st

The series follows James Reece (Chris Pratt) after his entire platoon of Navy SEALs is ambushed while on a covert mission. Reece returns home to his family with conflicting memories of the event and questions about his culpability. As new evidence comes to light, Reece discovers dark forces working against him, endangering not only his life but the lives of those he loves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I enjoyed Seal Team so if similar will check it out

I really enjoyed this I liked how they made each episode as different action genre while keep the story moving along at good speed/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Episode 2 and enjoying it so far, no idea where it’s going but I’m happy to go along with it

• Advertisement

Watched the first 4 episodes over the last two days and i have been enjoying it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Is this a limited series?

Enjoyable season overall I must say.

It will be interesting to see if Chris Pratt has signed on long term to make more seasons following the book series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Hard to know where Chris Pratts career is going now- I don't think he's stretching himself in this or the Jurassic Park series. This series is entertaining but not as good as Seal team or Jack Ryan (season1) as I think the main characters played by pratt lacks charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,874 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watched the first episode....just nope...not for me..it is bad. The dialogue is abysmal, the acting is awful, the action scenes are incoherent and too dark to see what is going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Somewhat agree.

I always lose interest in a show when the main character is forced to wear clearly terrible fake facial hair.

Pratt is very wooden, nothing new there. This type of tv show has been done a thousand times before nd done much better.

Will finish the series but can't really say I am looking forward to watching the next group of episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I finished this and enjoyed it. I was surprised at the amount of negative reviews. I liked the action scenes and I thought Pratt did a good job. I'd be interested in another season.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Oh finished this last weekend - contender for the action drama of year. I thought it was a movie ha. Would highly recommend it if you want some actions or you like military stuffs - it's been awhile I have seen these real world-ish military stuff. Plot is ok but again you watch it for the actions which is a surprise to me since it is a Chris Patt's production huh - my compliment to the team who tried to do some 'serious' actions.

Have to say Amazon's action stuffs actually have been going consistently well huh. The terminal list made me realize that you really don't need much script for action movie/show - the actions are the script lol. The team surely had fun setting up the missions as some of them truly are like video game missions ha (like 3/4 lads go straight into a sicario base lmao).

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

I have read all the books and found the show very enjoyable.

In terms of the wooden nature of Pratts acting I feel this actually reflects the character in the book very well who is very methodical and machine like.

The action scenes were very enjoyable

Chris Pratt when asked if the would be another season.

Said you have nothing to worry about.

The author of the books said there are some cool things on the horizon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just finished this in a day, wouldn’t be Pratts biggest fan, I do find that he can’t really play anything but the same character but I really liked this.

Along with season 2 they are now also making a prequel series.

The Terminal List  Prequel Series, Starring Chris Pratt and Taylor Kitsch, Officially a Go at Amazon

Prime Video announced on Thursday that it has ordered The Terminal List: Dark Wolf, a prequel series focused on Ben Edwards and James Reece, the characters respectively played by Taylor Kitsch and Chris Pratt on the main Navy SEAL drama. Kitsch and Pratt have also been confirmed to star in the offshoot, though it’s not yet clear how much earlier the Dark Wolf prequel will be set.

Thursday’s announcement comes almost one year after a Terminal List prequel focused on Kitsch’s character was reported to be in development at the streamer. The mothership was also renewed for Season 2 at that time, but there’s still no update on when that series will return.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tom Hopper signs up forThe Terminal List: Dark Wolf

Christ Pratt and Taylor Kitsch co-star on prequel

Source EW

Advertisement