Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Holland mower 8ft

Options
  • 01-07-2022 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Would welcome info please - anyone have experience of NH mowers? My brother is looking at 8ft mowers and NH about 1300 less than than kvernland, 3yr 0% - use for mow/top

Thanks marzic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭DBK1

New Holland mower is the newest version of a JF mower.

JF we’re bought out by Kongsklide who were then bought out by New Holland.

They’re a good mower, I bought a JF mounted conditioner brand new in 2009. Still have it and it has plenty of work done since. Mine is a 1,000rpm and it’s very easy driven, a 90hp tractor will easily mow at 14-16km/h. I’ve never had to do anything with it only change blade’s, oil and hydraulic hoses.

The downsides are;

They’re worth nothing second hand. Clean JF mowers are on done deal for half the price of the common brands.

Wearing parts like stone guards etc. are very expensive compared to the more common brands.

If it’s a mower he’d be keeping for 10 or 15 years I’d have no issue recommending them. If it’s something you want to trade up every few years I’d pick a more common brand as it’ll be worth more when you’re trading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

I have one, only use it for mowing silage, I have a topper so keep it clean, bought new off Shaw as was 0% finance, I have done 3 seasons with it now, can't fault it, like above I plan on keeping it long term as long as it works well

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Thats great feedback thank you, yes it will be a long term keep - he had a lely 6ft he got 2nd hand and had it about 15 yrs topped alot of heavy stuff in the early yrs its wore out now tho. Its a 9ft actually at that money, with a hyd toplink thrown in.

What makes the parts you mention so pricey?

He is dealing with Buckley, Listowel thru agent in Clare- anyone have experience of them? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kk.man

The thing about NH mowers is they are belt driven. Having said that the none belt driven ones are more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭Grueller

Unless you go centre pivot they all are afaik bar krone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement