Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Ireland

Options
  • 21-06-2022 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

Hi all, it's time to start enjoying life again and that means doing a bit of travelling/exploring around Ireland. Can you please give me some ideas or places or events to go and see? At the moment the Aran islands and the Guinness factory have popped into my head.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Achill is beautiful for a few days, beautiful walks and beaches. Also, Innisboffin if you havent been.

Looking at doing West Cork myself as well for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Thanks so much for the suggestions, ah fab, hope you have a great time if you do go! Still haven't been to the blarney stone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I dont think Blarney Stone would be for me, lol!

If you wanted a day in Dublin, do a Dublin Bay Cruise, pick a route, have a nice lunch out in Howth or Dun Laoghaire and get the Dart back to city.

Japanese Gardens and National Stud, nice day out in Kildare. Lots more.

Stairway to heaven, fermanagh.

Waterford Greenway, an easy cycle.

Any other recommendations appreciated as well.

Everything in Ireland seems to be just walking around. I went to the Cliffs of Moher, the Giant's Causeway, have been up Croagh Patrick, etc. and it's a bit tedious after a while.

Haven't done the Guinness thing, yet. Titanic experience was very good, though (and I'm not really into the Titanic in general).

Any activities seem to be Quad Bikes, Go Karts, Archery or Clay Pigeon Shooting.

Anything else seems to be geared towards children (Funfairs, trampoline parks, Tayto Park, etc. all seem to raise their eyebrows if you make use of them as just adults.. Tayto Park to a lesser extent, admittedly).

You can be quick to run out of ideas, unless you just want to admire a view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Aran islands are overrated. Gone too commercial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I was up in Sligo a few weeks ago, it's really nice in June, the university is finished and the schools are still going so it's relatively quiet.

Very much untouched up there after about 10 years since I've been there last. Fantastic beaches, cliffs, megqltihic cementaries, knocknarea and of course Benbulben.

It's hard to match that except some places in Mayo and Donegal probably. Inisboffin is like going back to 90s ireland, another lovely spot.

Kerry,cork and clare are very much built up now so seeing stuff like the above is what interests me more. Of course the reeks are magnificent but it's thronged.

Some of the midlands could be interesting

Advertisement