Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAVIT Mechanical keyboard - €22.34

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

What a bargain! But that UK layout... 🤢🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Been looking for a backlit keyboard. Can the colour of this be set to one colour, eg. white, and just leave it at that?

Also, is there a quick way to turn off the lights for when you're going to bed or whatever?

Not into gaming, just sometimes work a bit late and too lazy to get up and turn on the light! 🙄

Yes to both questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

No and yes I think

Unless this is a different model to the one that I have (and it looks the same to me) you can set it one colour only.

Edit: My model number is in fact different but I only have the keyboard. I'm not sure if this keyboard+mouse is the same keyboard as mine but it certainly looks the same.

Double-Edit: This video states the same model number as on Amazon and switches to one colour mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Thanks OP - 18 minutes into the week and I've already bought something I don't particularly need or want....

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Delivered today, tidy bit of kit for the price. Impressive delivery time as I ordered on Monday without Prime.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I didn't really need this, so I ordered it anyway! :D Be grand for back up at that price.

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Having used it for a few days;

Although it has the "big return key" from the UK layout, the symbols on the keys are US :)

All in all great value for a play with a mechanical keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

The big return key is not a problem with UK keyboards, it's the tiny left Shift key, that's the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I bought this also to replace my Corsair mechanical keyboard, which has developed key chatter on a few keys, e.g. the letters C, K and L intermittently type double. Definitely great value for a mechanical keyboard.

The keys are much noisier than the Corsair due to the tactile feedback switches (Corsair had Cherry Red keys) and it's not possible to type quietly. This doesn't bother me, but can imagine this being an issue typing in the same room as someone else resting or watching TV.

While there are various lighting pattern cycles, the key colours are fixed as shown in the listing. Basically, there is no option to change the keys to a single colour. However, you can turn them off by holding down FN+Down until they fade out. Unlike the video linked above, FN+F9 has a musical note symbol and launches the default music player (e.g. Windows Groove Music). There is no wrist rest either.

The keys show both the American and UK symbols, however, only the US layout symbols light up. E.g. the '3' key has a lit '#'. The '£' is not visible in the dark.

Advertisement