Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Meadows, Kill Kildare - New Homes

Options
  • 09-06-2022 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello all,

I recently checked out this property The Meadows in Kill, Kildare. I've paid a deposit for one of the houses there. The development seems nice, its closer to Nass and closer to Dublin too for that once a week in office schedule. Any one here checking out this property as well.

The commute to Naas takes 10 mins. Tried doing a trip to Naas on a busy day during school time and that was a bit busy, around 15 mins. If you have any idea about the surroundings please share here.

Also Looking for new neighbours too!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Naas traffic is crazy! The meadows look nicely finished, the back gardens look tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FINUALABASTER

I have paid a deposit for one of them also.. The back gardens look a bit small for development outside of Dublin but the houses are built to a very high standard.. can't have it all

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AuserJ8

Hello, Yeah I thought so too. But I am ok with the garden size. Do you know if there is any specific size that is offered as a garden space? Does it depend on property size or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AuserJ8

Awesome!! Congratulations. Would build quality depend on developers ? What do you think of the open spaces within the Meadows. I likes the big park within the development as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paulcregan 2020

I checked them out too. But a big problem is they come with gas boilers which I think is ridiculous for 2022 they should be fitted with air to water heat pumps as with the price of gas is going to skyrocket and this is going to be a massive cost going forward also the boilers they give are the entry model basic combi boiler which is only meant for a one bathroom small house as it heats water as you need it. Would struggle if two people had showers at the same time as there is no water tank. The PV panels on the roof will only generate about €150 per year of electricity so energy bills will be high on these houses. Builder got the cheapest boiler on the market around €700 with only a two year warranty and will give problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jaycono19804

Tiny back gardens I don’t like also the kitchens in the 3 bedrooms are bog basic oven on the ground which is very old fashioned … but my biggest thing is the cheap gas boilers put into these houses. It’s the cheapest model on the market I’m a plumber and know this .. should have been air to water heat pumps

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Can they still do that, I thought was agian the law to not add Air to water after 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lwalshsec

Put down a deposit for one of the phase two houses. Area is a big win for my partner and I as I am a country boy and she is a city girl so we get a mix of both with Naas been as close as it is. Boiler was odd and garden wasn't great but as someone who was looking in the Sandyford area original just having a garden is massive. Happy with what we are getting and looking forward to moving in, hopefully before Christmas but likely next year been realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Andoreea

Hi, can you tell me when they told you phase 2 will be completed?

I put a deposite aswell.

Thanks

Hi. May i ask if you moved in already?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Is there anybody who is waiting to move in? What date did they tell you?

Tx

May i ask if you moved in already? And if yes, when?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bobtheowner

Good Afternoon

I am contacting you today on an urgent matter.

We cannot move in to the home which we purchased and were do to move into December 2023!

The reason there is no water

This is an out cry and to be perfectly honest we are fed up of waiting and waiting.

The impacted property is

The meadows kill county Kildare.

It is affecting the new building apartment blocks counting about 50 units

Unfortunately we do not know the neighbors yet and cannot coordinate the efforts.

The builders indicate that there is low water pressure and there for cannot connect the water and that they are working on the issue.

We have been patient and have had to renew our mortgage several times

Every time we go to site no one is working on anything

I have contacted Irish water and there is a case open but they are unable to say the outcome which is crazy.

The developers are coonan group

How do we put real pressure on Irish water and the developers to resolve the issue?

When we ask for updates from the developers we just obtain standard replies saying that until they get an update they will not advise! Unacceptable

Regards

Advertisement