Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help with a study on Irish identity. (Follow Up)

• 10-06-2022 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm reaching out to ask for a little help with some research my wife is doing.

I actually posted a similar request about a year ago but we've finally made it home and so I'm back again.

My wife Christy who's a Sociology Professor, is doing a study on Irish women, their sense of identity and how it's evolved over their lives.

I'd be massively grateful if you were able to help her out, either by participating in an interview or by sharing this post with your friends.

She set up a site that contains more information and contact details.

Feel free to reach out to her if you'd like more details or have any questions. Her contact details and a contact form are on the site.

Thank you so so much.

Dave.

---

The last post for the curious.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058174518/help-with-a-study-on-irish-identity/

A massive thank you to all who reached out to her the last time.

I know she was grateful for all the help she received.

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slavigo

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. She's told me that she's had some responses and I presume is looking forward to meeting and talking with those but would love more obviously.

Outside of that she'll dutifully inform me that her IRB approval (and presumably being any kind of conscientious researcher) prevents her from discussing her participants. (IRB are who sign off on your research when your research is with people. I presume we have some kind of similar ethics board here in Ireland too)

I'm just about to post in some more regional boards in the least spammy way that I can. If that's possible.

Thanks for asking and apologies for my not very informative answer.

Dave

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yes. IRB approval and oversight occurs on both sides of the pond. Especially with qualitative studies. Thanks for replying.

Advertisement