Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 22/23

Options
  • 15-06-2022 3:25pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Some key dates for the upcoming season.

League fixtures are released at 9am tomorrow.

Season kicks off on 6th of August.

GW16(12th/13th of November) will be the last set of fixtures before the five week long winter break...:pac:

GW17 will be on Stephens day.

GW38 will be 28th of May.

Lastly, FPL launched on the 22nd of June last year, season starts one week earlier this year, so could be any day now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭Xander10

Thanks for the info. Is there still talk of the Big 6 getting an extra week off and no games for them in GW16?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I don't think that was Southgates actual request. He asked that they don't play each other that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Played the official FPL for years, but stopped about 8 years ago when I changed jobs (there was no real interest in the new place). Thinking of coming back to it this year though. Is the official Fantasy Premier League still the go to game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

I will try and make more of an effort to contribute this season, went of the boil last year after the worst update in the history of updates. Always a nice community here it would be nice if we could get back there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It is, but the Sky FPL is popular too.

I might devote a bit more time to the Sky iteration this year.

• Advertisement

Probably more important to the Sky FPL, but these are the dates when TV games are announced.

Rotating teams:

ARS/TOT

AST/BOU

BRI/LEE

CHE/FUL

LEI/FOR

LIV/EVE

MCI/MUN

NEW/SOU

WHU/BRE

WOL/CRY

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭duefrine

Fixtures are out

The 2022/23 PL Fixtures are here preml.ge/PLfixtures2223

Looking forward to building a team when fantasy resets

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

Does Sky FPL deal with the lack of 'forwards' issue? Like Salah, Sterling etc. being classed as 'Midfielders' in FPL rather than 'Forwards'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,396 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

At least this season should see the end of the last minute game cancellations and we can return to a bit more 'planned' type season where games will go ahead as scheduled.

There's just the small matter of a mid-season break for the World Cup!

I'm still in a bit of a football hangover after the non-stop January-June schedule so enjoying the break and no stresses, so far! I'm sure that will all change once the game updates and we can get picking our squads!

• Advertisement

Have had a look at the FPL site. Seems the only change implemented since I last played are the chips. I look forward to misusing them all in GW1!

I know it's against the rules to have more than one team, but I would be interested to see how it would fare out if you played BB on GW1 and then continued on VS picking the same squad on GW1 and continuing on as normal. And then look back at the end of the season and see which team fared out better after sticking to the same transfers, relatively speaking.

If you're bored/desperate/having withdrawals Live FPL have a draft practice tool on their site. Basically it lets you mess around with your squad á la the real FPL site, with the obvious caveats that a) the prices are only best guesses right now, and b) player's positions may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Salah and Son are forwards in the Sky game, along with Sterling and Jota. The main difference in the Sky game is that there are bonuses depending on how many tackles or passes you make in the game, so your midfielders generally score more points from that than from scoring goals. Bowen was the top scoring midfielder in the Sky game last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the insight, I don't know how floating this to my group of friends will go but I will try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

I much prefer playing the Sky game now to the FPL one. I like the way you only have 40 transfers for the season. Patience is rewarded in it.

Another week before the game goes live anyways. No harm too!

I wonder what changes there will be this year. How will they handle the break for the World Cup for instance.

How will they handle the break for the World Cup for instance.

Same as any gap between gameweeks, only longer.

• Advertisement

Are there any good articles on how and why N Forest have been so successful recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Largely down to the manager I think - they play very good attacking football that suits the players with some good talent - Brennan Johnson looks superb, James Garner was on loan from Utd but could go back if Ten Hag isn't sold on him.

Solid back line. Henderson in goals could make them a good bet defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'd have thought an extra wild-card is possible, even probable. Akin to the one that was given out in May 2020 when the league restarted after the initial Covid shutdown.

Otherwise you potentially have people who have a solid squad of 15 at the start of November, and then have a dozen injured/unavailable players at the end of December. Now to an extent that's tough luck and could theoretically happen to your team on any game week, but optically I'd say it's the sort of thing they'd want to avoid and thus an extra wildcard purely for the resumption week is a solution.

The FPL site is finally down for updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

They did say its launching in July. My money would be on Friday. Maybe a few early price leaks tomorrow.

Yeah, hopefully it will be that soon - I need time to get all the stupid drafts out of my system before settling on something sensible nearer kick-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

FPL announcing prices today for the new season.

Arsenal so far:

• Tomiyasu 4.5
    • White 4.5
    • Gabriel 5.0
    • Tierney 5.0
    • Martinelli 6.0
    • ESR 6.0
    • Vieira 6.0
    • Nketiah 7.0
    • Saka 8.0
    • Odegaard 6.5
    • Ramsdale 5.0

White was a great cheap option last year at the same price. Tomiyasu is a great option at 4.5 too.

Post edited by Father Hernandez on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yes, White will be in a lot of teams at that price with those opening fixtures. He lacks a goal threat but seems to pick up BPs if Arsenal keep a CS.

Cancelo at 7.0. I wonder does that mean Robbo will also be 7.0 & TAA 7.5? James & Chilwell 6.5 & 6.0 maybe.

Haaland at 11.5 is cheaper than I thought he would be.

Cancelo - £7.0

Dias - £6.0

Walker - £5.0

KDB- £12.0

Sterling - £10.0

Foden - £8.0

Mahrez - £8.0

Gundogan - £7.5

Grealish - £7.0

Bernardo - £7.0

Haaland - £11.5

• Advertisement

They're under-pricing everyone so at that rate. It won't make for a very interesting season imo.

Advertisement