Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel 2022

Options
  • 21-06-2022 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Anyone catching any? Been out on a boat off Malahide and Howth and nothing happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Caught one in the Caherciveen region yesterday at low tide off the shore after about 2 hours. Probably would have got more if I'd stayed for the tide to come in. Moderate size, alright for the pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Some being caught off the pier in Dun Laoghaire but they are very small fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

They seem to be getting scarcer every year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Looking to fish for mackerel off the pier in Enniscrone or Killala, what bait should I use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Good few in around Doolin fanore ballyvaughan

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dublinbando

Seen a few being caught in Dun Laoghaire today, some of decent size!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Haven't got out at all this year due to young family, work, no time!! Want to plan a day fishing off the rocks/pier, is it getting a bit late?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

You should still get them for another while. No harm get out and give it a go anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Pretty late but loads around Galway the last week. Stocked up on bait for a good few sessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭US3

Loads I mean loads caught in Howth yesterday

Advertisement