Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***** GAME PASS NEWS ******

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Mines up in a few days. I just checked CDKeys, is Turkey @£25 the way to go these days i.e. cheapest?

Do they still give the month extra if you leave auto-sub on?

I may just do 2*12, 1 * 6 then 1GPU. If that adds 4 free months, that's 2y10m for £70. . . .mmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No, they've fixed that. You only get the extra month now if you haven't done it previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I've added 12 months Turkish Xbox Live with the VPN on, but when I turn the VPN off and try and get a month of GPU it says I have a subscription from a different region? Do I need to leave the Turkish VPN on for that part?

how are you trying to get the 1 month GPU? you could just buy a turkish one and redeem as you already have the gold

I tried getting a Turkish one and a few other things but nothing worked. It turned out one part of my Microsoft Store locations was set to USA for some reason and it was causing issues. I rang Microsoft Support and they actually converted my Turkish Xbox Live to an Irish one and changed my settings to Ireland. The guy was really helpful. It's pretty safe to say they know what people are up to and don't really care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's all about the numbers of people on the service, they don't really care about how much they paid.

Every sub for GPU is a potential 150 bucks per year, despite the fact we are gaming the system to pay 100-140 or so for 3 years haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Quick update on this, I just bought 30 months of gold on cd keys for €109 and then converted it to ultimate for €1 and it also gave me an extra 2 months free so that’s 33 months in total and all good till April 25. I had used the €1 upgrade deal before but it worked again no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I couldn't be bothered with the fecking about with VPN's and codes, and an hour is a long time. CDKeys, 30 months of Gold for just over €109, €12.99 for GPU (used the 1 month before) and covered now until Feb 2025. Worth saving the hassle for the few euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

My gamepass sub is up this time next year, really hope the conversion deal is still going and the cheaper codes are still out there then.

• Advertisement

Who takes an hour to do it? It takes a couple of minutes more than without VPN and that's only if you run into issues - saying that as a regular VPN user though. My quick maths for a 3yr (3*12gold, +1gpu) UK vs Turkey purchase is ~£40 difference, that's the guts of a grocery shop.

Ha, I've been saying that for the last 363 days, nearly there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I saw an hour mentioned above, just went with that. Still too much bother imo, and still amazing value anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Anyone else see this article?

it says they will be chasing people for the difference owed? Can’t see that happening. Raging though that my sub is up in November. Looks like the good times might be about to end…

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It was always going to end at some stage.

In saying that, I don't know gaming bible, so I'll take what they say with a mountain of salt.

Doesn't mention anyone using vpn. Seems to be focused on people somehow stacking multiple trial subs of regular Game Pass before converting.

I think that's a different issue to be honest. Sure MS invites you to convert your Xbox Live to GPU when you log in

• Advertisement

Yep that’s a different situation they are talking about, the stacking of gold we do here is literally encouraged by ms on the console so no worries here

OK, I've just done my tri-annual dance with MS. It's good to see they've made it much quicker although there aren't as many free auto-renew months attached as in the past. It's also the cheapest 3 years I've ever purchased as I took a little bit of a gamble on Gamivo as they were cheaper than CDkeys

So I bought 4 * 6 months @ £10.06 each (they only had 4 left in stock)

an additional 2 * 6 months @ £10.48 each

Then CDkeys were actually cheaper for the 1 month GPU @ £4.99

Off to Turkey I went in an incognito chrome window, finding the redeem page being the most difficult/time consuming part of the procedure - it took a minute, here's the link for future ref https://account.microsoft.com/billing/redeem (I was leaving out the /billing/ bit initially). All codes worked first time. My vague memory was that you used to have to follow through some screens after applying a code and then get to auto-renew option etc, well that's not the case anymore, now it's a case of enter the code, click next, then the screen tells you it's applied. So I went through a copy/paste cycle of URL - code - URL - code - URL. . . . took no more than a minute or two. It did offer a free month after the 1 month GPU conversion code went in - I believe I'm maxed out so no point.

Anyway, I'm covered to July 2025 for the princely sum of £66.19

Also I managed to make the bit above a quote with no clue how to get rid 🤷‍♂️

Fyi, the url you were looking for was

it redirects to the url you posted but is a lot easier to remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hey all my GPU is just about to run out - I assume I can still get the Live for 12 months and then upgrade to GPU for a quid (or whatever it was) ?

Pretty much, you'll need to get a 1 month Ultimate sub card or pay the full monthly fee though as the €1 deal can only be used once.

• Advertisement

Just to let you know I used the €1 deal 2 years ago and was able to use it again last month for another 3 year deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

anyone know of any deals close to the 10 pounds for 6 months @theteal got?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Is the €1 deal still working? Just realised Ive been paying the €12.99 (Game Pass Ultimate) for the last 13 months!

You can still load up with gold and convert it by buying 1 month of GPU, the €1 upgrade will probably not be available for you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

great thanks, i was filtering to stuff you could see in ireland

Just bought a 12 month code off CDKeys and it turned out to be 4 X 3 month codes

I put them all in one at a time via the redeem link on my browser (https://redeem.microsoft.com/enter?ref=xboxcom) and each time I had the option to auto renew to get a free month. Did that for them all and seem to have got a free month on each code as now I'm not due to renew till 2024:

Next charge on 1/2/2024, €19.99

Also - bought a 1 month Ultimate code for 10.59 on CDKeys so on ultimate till end Jan 24 for 56 YoYos :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭feargantae

Dunno - I don't care - I'll turn off auto renew before that.

All I care about is the date - 1/2/24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

For the VPN trick to work do I need to set up my xbox live account with an address in Turkey or can I just set my actual address and then put the vpn on and redeem the turkish xbox live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Nope, I just used a VPN on the PC while I was redeeming the vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭i124Q

I would avoid Gamivo. I purchased x3 12 Month Golds. Then they wanted photo ID and a sheet of paper with gamivo.com on it with a picture of me. What a joke. I requested a refund, let's see what they say.

I will be using CD Keys later on.

EDIT: They got back and started a refund to my Paypal. To be fair, they were quick to get back on support.

Post edited by i124Q on

Question, once I buy three 12 Month Golds and submit them, can I use a Trial Code to convert gold months to ultimate months? Such as cdkeys, there is a trial for one month for just €1.89.

Or is it best to just pay the 12.99 to get it going?

Trial cards will not work, you'll need a 1 month card or buy a month from Live.

1 Month Ultimate (EU) on cdkeys is €10.59, so I will probably just splash out on 12.99 officially to keep it clean.

Just did this and it came out at €4.16 a month for Ultimate.

Bought three 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Codes from CD Keys. (€45.59 each)

Waited until my current Ultimate expired.

Entered the 3 Codes here: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/redeem?ref=xboxcom

Logged on to XBox App on PC to buy 1 Month of Ultimate for €12.99 and it popped up saying that it will upgrade my remaining Xbox Live Gold to Ultimate for 36 Months. Hit Continue and BOOM.

Went into my account and can see it renews: 28th Sept 2025.

How long ago did your sub expire, out of curiosity? :)

You were fine with 3 straight years of Gold then? I was under the impression that you needed to buy less than 3 years, to get it to work?

Mine's up in Dec, so trying to remember what i need in advance!

Yesterday was the last day on my sub. So today I had no game pass access.

The reason people bought less, was due to the fact that x2 12s are 24 months + x1 6 month pass brings it to 32 months, and to fill up the other 4 months (of your 36 month limit), people enabled recurring billing each time after they redeemed a code, because you used to get 1 month every time you enabled recurring billing.

I don't think that still applies, I enabled recurring billing and it didn't say I got a free month (double check this). So people did it arseways to avail of free months here and there, but that is just arse and not worth it. Buy three 12 months and be done with it imo!

Oh very good, report back here if you get stuck or join the XBox Boardsie Discord group, see sticky Thread in XBOX Section ☺️

Okay, I get you! 3 x 12 Gold, then 1 full month of GPU is the least hassle way.

Now I assume I could buy a month GPU code with my Xbox rewards points and use that? 😁

• Advertisement

Boom, if you grinded all those points then deffo use that. It should work, let us know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have a 3 month gamepass ultimate offer available to me via Lenovo. I've never used/created an Xbox or gamepass account before, so a virgin on this service.

My question is. If I switch on my VPN, set it to Turkey and then proceed to sign up as a new customer. Would the Turkish rate apply to my account?

I don't think it matters so much where you register. More so where you redeem it. So just change location to Turkey if you buy a cheap turkey code and redeem it from a browser. I wasn't bothered with the vpn stuff, but I think that's how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks for the info.

My reading of setting up via Turkey is that it's easiest if you set up initially via a voucher.

Buy the voucher, set VPN to Turkey and add the voucher to your account. Subsequently your own payment card will then work for renewals even if not a Turkish card.

Will be creating the account and adding a voucher later 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Folks anyone try a South African code for the 12 months it’s currently €31.89 on cdkeys which is the best I can see at present, any guidance appreciated

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Glad to hear this is still working!

My sub is up in a few weeks, anyone spot any decent BF deals on Gold or just wait?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭mossie

Mine is up in 10 days. Can anyone confirm if Turkish codes still work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭wassie

Yes - Just loaded up 3x 12 months (Turkey) Live Gold from Eneba: Total cost of €93 (incl. credit card fees)

Followed the usual steps

Tips:

Remember to make sure recurring billing is switched of in MS Account before adding codes.

No need to change profile or billing address/location to Turkey. Keep it as Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

Can confirm, followed same steps as Wassie and went through relatively smoothly. I was doing this for my young nephew so I had a couple of additional steps to create his MS account and add it to MS Family and create his Xbox account.

One additional tip if also doing this for a Child account, when you get to the GPU €1 offer and you get the message about needing an Adult to approve check that the "Require Approval to use Credit Cards" is set to OFF on the Child account. I got stuck at this point but changing this setting worked. Changed option back to ON after though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Quick question. This is my first time renewing the GP deal. My subscription expires on Sunday. Do I have to wait until Monday to input the live codes & the €1 GP Ultimate code or can I do it on Sunday?

You need to wait for the GPU subscription to expire, otherwise it will convert at a very unfavorable rate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement