Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair app Check-Out!!

• 24-06-2022 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use the Ryanair app to check out of a flight after you checked in and paid for seats etc.? I was charged £330 at the gate late last night for a family of 6 as our boarding passes were not valid despite having got us all the way to the gate!

It was after midnight and the Ryanair offices closed, the gate agent called her boss who told me he could see that I had removed us from the flight with the app and would have to pay or he would close the fight and I could take it up with Ryanair this morning.

The only thing I recall doing with the app was checking to see was it worth trying to use it for 6 passes on both flights and I decided against it. Before I contact them I'd like to know if this is even possible!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

It sounds like you may have paid for seats but not checked in on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

I can't be 100%, but I'm pretty sure I remember checking in both flights together. Also as I had the printed boarding passes for the flight is it possible to have a boarding pass and not check-in? The agent said the issue was I used the app to deboard ourselves or something along those lines and was using the threat of closing the flight and leaving us to contact Ryanair customer care this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭zg3409

Did you get emails related to check in?

What can you see in the app?

It's probably easier to just give up due to Ryanair customer care, and hope it does not happen next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭embraer170

What airport was this?

I use the Ryanair (iPhone) app a lot and I have never noticed a "check-out" function anywhere. Assuming you had printed boarding passes and no one in your group called Ryanair to cancel your flights, I really struggle to see what you might have done.

What was £330 for exactly? It sounds too cheap to be new (last minute) ticket. Was it the airport checkin fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭embraer170

This might explain it: https://help.ryanair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017825458-Post-Check-in-Changes

€/£ happens to be the airport check-in fee for 6 passengers. I guess you accidentally unchecked yourself when doing something within the app. Really poor of them not to show some flexibility when you had paper boarding cards, obviously showing you had checked and intended to travel.

• Advertisement

It was Gatwick, there was no explanation of what the fee was for just that it needed to be paid as we "deboarded ourselves in the app" the time from being told that we needed to pay or the flight would depart and paying was less than 60 seconds so I'd no time to argue/query it. Once I paid it our original boarding passes suddenly worked and we had the exact same seats as on the passes.

No emails or anything at all from them for check-in, the app just said that the flight had departed when trying to check it last night. I did try it for updates prior to that as the flight was delayed but there was nothing useful or prompts to check in etc so I used the airport screens. I've checked deleted items too and nothing there. I had absolutely no reason to believe I wasn't checked in as I had boarding passes.

Advertisement