Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto GP 2022 Season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Rins confirmed as having a fractured risk following today's crash. No news on Taka.

Rins and others have slammed the FIM stewards over calling the crash a racing incident with Rins going as far as saying that Freddie Spencer is 'too old'.

Team s are testing tomorrow, gutted for Aleix , that's the third time a lap counting issue has arisen at Barcelona, apparently it's the only circuit that counts the last lap as lap 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Magown3

While I'm also gutted for Aleix and would have loved to see him take another deserved podium

1. He's not a rookie. He's been here plenty of times so should know about the circuits counter.
    2. He also has a pit board being shown to him each lap. I presume the laps remaining was on this too.
    3. He crossed the line but didn't see the chequered flag.

So it's a bit confusing as to why he thought the race was over.

Honestly thought Taka broke his neck. His helmet/head snapped back when it hit Peco's rear wheel. Looked nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭legrand

Gutted for Pol Aleix (jayzus what a cock up)

Also Gutted for Roberts - that could have been something else. But a classic race.

Post edited by legrand on

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

I know it's bad and I feel a bit sorry for Alex, but at the same time I thought it was hilarious. It's a long time since I've seen that happen.

He couldn't see the pit board very well as it was the first one around the corner so difficult to see. He was looking at the tower I think for info. He won't make that mistake twice I'm sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I got a fright watching the crash, The way Taka went just reminded me of Simoncelli

Goes to show the high level of gear they have now.

Rins has a fractured wrist. Not what he needed. Any closer to the summer break might have been alright but there's a few races to go first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Gutted for Aleix. I really hope those lost points don't decide the championship!

RE: Yamaha, personally, I'd rather they opt for Raul over Toprak, Toprak would be a huge loss to WSB. I don't know what's happened to Frankie. Is it the bike or the body?

The stewards based their Nakagami 'racing incident' decision on the fact that Nakagami was NOT carrying excessive speed into the corner. Though he had come from 12th to 5th, he was travelling at roughly the same speed and braked at the same time as those around him and was just unfortunate to lose the front, thus a racing incident rather than reckless riding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

He and his misses are okay apart from a few bruises. Looks like a fairly big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Did they ever sort out MotoGP Unlimited?

i remember reading something they were going to change the dubbing on it?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Peco *facepalm*

After 2 great years of MotoGP, I'm finding this year extremely difficult to get excited about on race day.

I fast forwarded a lot of yesterdays race after midpoint and I didn't miss anything really. I'm really thinking of logging in and unclicking autorenew for the VideoPass for next year.

Anyone else find the same? Earlier races in the season were great tho I must say. Maybe I'm just being impatient after 3 borefests

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭pauly58

No you're not alone Magown3, I only really enjoy the Moto3 race, it all downhill from there for me. It's becoming a two wheeled version of Formula 1.

Too much power, winglets & electronics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭geotrig

think his riding style might suit the m1 and be closer Fabio would like to see it happen but like him wsbk also !!!

Acosta breaks his leg. Hopefully he can fully heal up. Such a promising rider for the future.

Pedro Acosta is expected to return at Silverstone, definitely a star of the future but another season in Moto 2 is needed.

Assen this weekend which will suit the Yams so it's hard to see beyond another Fabio win - surely 'Alien ' status has been achieved? .

Breaking news that Rins is expected to be announced at LCR ( Mir at Repol Honda is a done deal according to all reports ) while Aprilla have apparently made Miguel Olivera an offer he couldn't refuse and have snatched him from Gresini Ducati. RNF gain is Gresinis lose who will almost certainly need a replacement for Enna Bastinini. (Bez from VR46 with Vietti to VR46 ??).

Well this has to be one of the most awesome moments ever 🥲

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭GavPJ

True.

Very hard to watch especially when the BSB and WSB is much closer racing.

Close to tears, when I saw that. Can only imagine how he felt. Seen a video of him on an R1 riding it quick!

Emotional seeing the R1 with Wayne on board.

BT Sports are doing a special on it and there will be a short version shown in the build up to the Moto GP race.

Moto 2 providing the best qualifying entertainment today , Moto GP ruined by yellows and Moto 3 ruined by riders trying to get a tow.

Fabio and Yamaha looking good for Moto GP, Lowes and Arbolino on a collision cause again ! Canat has withdrawn as has KTM bound Pol Espagaro

Moto 3 - whats going on at Vision quest? Murmurings earlier in the week about sponsorship issues and lack of results and then Scott Ogden when interviewed mentioned things happening in the background and then when asked about qualifying said ' he was distracted by other things going on in the background '.

Of all the classes in MotoGP paddock, Moto-E seems to be the most exciting. Never thought I'd say it but if you have the video pass, give it a watch.

Great racing. And only like 12 mins long race, handy 😂

Great weekend of racing - Moto 3 an 8 rider battle to the finish, Moto 2 exciting , Moto GP - great performances all around and one rider probably having his greatest race ever , not to mention another excellent rookie performance .

Moto E , especially race 1 was a thriller as well.

5 week break , expect a few announcements ,Alex Marquez confirmed at Gresini alongside Fabio and Ducati unofficially confirming Bez stays at VR46 the only question is who will be at the factory team. Rins to LCR and Mir to Honda is done apparently, Olivera at Aprilla is also apparently done.

Roll on Silverstone

Ah no Pecco. If true he could have just thrown his career away. He always seemed like a sensible and good bloke.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Is there no WSB thread?

What's the odds on Johnny leaving Kwak at the end of his contract? There was noises about him leaving, but I don't think he'd sign up to be a teammate with Alvaro. Johnny looked so good at start of season, but the Ducati has settled well with Alvaro and its a question of can the catch him rather than can the beat him.

He's imploded before, but I can't see that happening again. I think unless Toprak and Johnny get competitive and start taking points of Alvaro, then it could be a long season for them. Unlike 2019 I don't think Alvaro will crumble this time.

Is the Ducati due for a rev cut now with him winning 50% of all races so far this season? Or can the Kwak get their revs back?

Toprak back in form now. Rea and the Kawasaki are definitely the 3rd best combination of there now.

Redding getting strong again now with the new Kalex swing arm in the BMW.

Going to be some championship now! Although I think Rea is smart enough to know

when he is bet and when to take healthy points. Gang of us going to Portimao. Can't wait.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Interesting grid tomorrow for the race, hoping to catch deferred footage somewhere

• Advertisement

Ah sickened P2 didn’t make it to P1

On more sad news Gino Rea seems to have a very serious accident during practice yesterday for Suzuka 24hr race. Hopefully he can recover fully from it

Hopefully they are bringing him round today so fingers crossed for Gino.

Good news on Gino Rea, he is awake and responsive to family. Hopefully Gino is now on the road to a full recovery.

The Silverstone moto gp weekend was a classic with three outstanding races with implications on the championship.

In Moto 3 Figgia dodged the chaos to win while his championship rivals crashed.

In Moto 2 Fernández broke Lopezs heart with a last lap winning move putting him as firm favourite for the championship.

In Moto GP Bagnia won again and is now back in the championship hunt as Zarco crashed out from the lead ,Aleix was a star after his foot fracturing high side - applauded at every turn but couldn't challenge for the podium , and Fabio was hamstrung as the failings of his Yamaha in traffic became obvious.

Talent cup races were also good ,fortunate enough to be there and it was without doubt the best organised Moto GP weekend for race fans and certainly a race weekend I would recommend.

Austria this weekend , Dovis penultimate race , KTM to announce Pol at Tech 3 , and Ducatis and Aprillas should be to the fore.

Maverick could be a real contender this weekend but there is potentially rain in the air for the weekend ,

Should be a thriller !

After 21 years , #04 (originally #34) Andrea Dovioso has retired .

15 wins , 62 podiums and championship runner up to Marquez, Dovi will probably be remembered as good bit not a great.

Yet , like Dani Pedrosa, he should have had at least one championship, on his day he could compete and beat Marc Marquez , last corner Austria probably his greatest win against Marquez.

3 great races today , I thought Maverick was going to get his breakthrough win on the Aprilla today alas Enea and Pecco had other ideas.

Aragon is a Ducati circuit so I expect Fabio lead to take another hit.

Marquez is due to test on Tuesday and possibly could return at Aragon.

Today however was about one of the good guys and a great racer retiring #04 Dovi

It's a pretty good deal considering all the extra content, testing coverage, etc.

Ooh that's a good deal I might just, working weekends all the time I rarely get to see it live but on computer in bed might just work.. I feel there's some fun to be had at the business end of the season..

If Marc's face is anything to go by, his first time on the bike in several months is going very well this morning. He's just .8 off the pace which is being set by Aleix Espargaro. .

Incidentally, Alex Marques 10th place finish on Sunday was Honda's first top 10 finish in FIVE races!! Did you ever think you'd see the day?

Notable event of last weekends racing was Moto3's David Munoz. A real but impetuous talent - born in 2006 ffs! He did screw up when after pushing Garcia wide he got and left it too late to take his long-lap peno. Was bumped back to 12th but managed 9th and probably could have got 4th or 5th had he taken his lap earlier.

• Advertisement

I felt terribly sorry for Aleix yesterday, a missed opportunity to claw back some points when his team forgot to turn over the mapping from the sighing lap mode to race mode.

Marquez says he'd no pain during or after the race. He took it nice and handy and still finished 4th! I suspect he'll take it lightly for the rest of the season though with him, that could mean several podiums :-)

Silly silly mistake from Pecco trying to gain 1 more point but losing 7 in the process.

I'm delighted for him. I was following him in the motoamerica series. He did very well on a bike which had no data for some of the tracks. 2nd overall for the season and not by much either.

Rain forecast for the whole weekend 😆 Can Jack make it two in a row?

Saying as there is no WSB thread, can anyone tell me when Ducati are going to get a rpm cut or the others get some rpm back?

no clue.

Use this thread for any motorbike racing series. No charter states otherwise!

• Advertisement

For the last few races MotoGP.com have been posting a 360° video of the first lap from an onboard whereby you can control the direction of the camera as you watch the video, just drag the screen to move it. It's class!

This week it's Brad Binder but as you watch them come up to take their grid position, look back and look at the top left corner of the grandstand, the amount of lightening going on in the sky is insane!!

https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2022/10/04/onboard-lights-out-from-thailand-in-full-360/439480

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement