Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FDB shares - buy back scheme

Options
  • 23-06-2022 3:55pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone have ‘ordinary’ shares in FBD and get a letter with their offer to buy them? They’re offering €1.53 per ordinary share.

We have some from oul god’s time and I’m wondering about cashing them in now with this offer.

The shares we have usually generate a dividend of €600-1000 every year, which is better than nothing.

I’ll be talking to our accountant in the coming days and will see his view of the world, but just wondered if anyone on here was in a similar position or had an opinion one way or the other.

Thanks

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Did you go to the meeting last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭alps

Pretty good dividend return. They've certainly put on some value since day one, whether in real value or not.

Capital gains tax on encashement...gonna leave them be here..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I didn’t realise there was a meeting last week. I might have gone if I’d known this share thing was coming up.

Re dividend: it’s around 5% of the value of the shares based on them being worth €1.53 each. There’s no stamp duty apparently but I guess CGT at 33% above €1,250 would take a fair whack of it. Might be as well to leave things as they are

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭alps

It'll be interesting to see how many will be cashed in. Suspect many of the shareholders are well aged and many have passed on. Difficult to transfer (values) or sell when no proper valuation and trade platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

My dad was to go to the meeting but had covid. Will ask him tomorrow as he wanted to go

• Advertisement
Advertisement