Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Edit to my post above.Just set up turkish D+ for 19.37€ for 12months.Set up vpn on my regular google account.Log out,created new gmail,added Revolut with vpn on and thats it.Took me 30mjn.Thanks to whoever post it here 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

When you added Revolut - did you use your Irish address associated with the card or an address based in Turkey? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Lads, this is awesome. I just signed up. This is what i did:

In my pc i turned on Ola vpn (i downloaded it through chrome a while back) , checked my ip made sure it was set to turkey.

Opened incognito window and set up a gmail address, used my irish phone number to confirm

Added revolut as a payment source and used the irish embassy address in Turkey

Went to bluestacks and signed in to playstore with that email.

Downloaded disneyplus and signed up with the new account.

Selected yearly option

Payment went without a hitch (19. 19 for the year)

Created profiles

All good

I also cancelled the other sub i had, full refund (through the chat option, i just said i didn't have time to watch) , no issues there either.

I had renewed my sub in April

When i signed into new account i got the it looks like your travelling message.

But everything seems to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Attempting this now, I used a Turkey based address when adding the card to Google Pay.

I got as far as downloading Disney+ from the playstore while connected to ExpressVPN Turkey (tried WeVPN and got the free trial but any time I try and use it, it says my account is deactivated). The problem with Disney+ app is it keeps coming up with the error: "Disney+ isn't responding. Do you want to close it?". Could it be a case of Disney blocking ExpressVPN, would have expected a different error along those lines rather than an unresponsive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I just did this using the method linked to from Reddit back in post #1123. Worked a charm, followed the instructions exactly. Paid 19.50 for the year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

Done @ €19.19, thanks all

I used getflix vpn and new email. Added Revoult with Embassy address

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

I have created new google account with vpn on so default address was turkey (country) and zip code.No actual street etc.Then added my Revolut with correct name and that was it.No irish phone or address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Hmm, might jump on this even though I subscribed for a year a few months back (90 Euro). What are the chances of getting a partial refund on an annual subscription?

I got a refund of 89.90, i had renewed my sub in April and jumped on the chat, told the agent i didn't have time to watch, i had made a mistake renewing and so wanted to cancel for a refund if possible.

I made sure i had the other sub up and running before asking to cancel.

@bigboss1986

Did you use a diferent device? I installed bluestacks in my pc and did it there.

Logged into playstore with the new email and then dowloaded the app.

Logged into the app with new email and price in lira came up sign up with no issues.

Of course i had the vpn set to turkey the whole time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭gussieg

Have got windscribe and private on tried with both, didn't fancy sign up to wevpn, but can't seem to get Disney plus to open on browser or newly installed app. ?

Have cleared browser cache

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Are people signing up using the Disney+ webpage on their phone's browser or by downloading the Disney+ app on their phone and singing up with the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I used the app. If it helps I created a new google account but didn't remove the old one as some people say you have to do. I also didn't put a postcode in, just left it blank.

I added the revolut card and made sure I had exchanged euro for Lira to cover it in my revolut.

Using the vpn/Reddit guidelines other than I didn't put the postcode in.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Just followed this and got it set up . I had been trying for ages and it just wouldn't take my card . Thanks 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

I spent ages on this, and but couldn't get past the "use a different payment instrument" error message. However, I managed to succeed with an iPhone, which was much less hassle. See https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119245907/#Comment_119245907 for the steps.

So oddly, once I turned off the vpn, it still was showing tl prices, and as I had set up for yuotube turkey already, it used the same to pay for this, so is now signed up for the year, 19.87 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

Hopefully paramount + will be coming to Turkey soon 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I tried everything to sign up to Paramount plus through Argentina etc but no go. I managed to get to an Argentina checkout through Google play sub but my card wasn't valid which I've never seen before.

Got the trial and I wouldn't be getting excited about the service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bromley52

It's launching in India in 2023 so there is hope.

I agree with TheDriver, unless you can get it cheaply and get US content I wouldn't get too excited about it. It isn't a patch on the other services.

If anyone wants to watch Yellowstone, it's on Prime Video Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Yellowstone is also easily available on the My5 app for google TV

Wow! Thank you so much - was stuck on payment method for two weeks until I read your post about using a iPhone - it worked like a charm - thanks for posting your solution

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tried this on 3 different accounts I created but it wont accept the payment method.

Created new gmail address, with Turkey as country, added payment method and downloaded the app using a VPN.

Its showing prices in Try but it doesn't seem to like the payment method.

WeVPN seems to be blocked on it now, it says there have been too many signups from this IP so it is blocked.

Tried again using no VPN but still no good, wont accept payment.

I'm using an emulator LDPlayer so maybe thats the issue.

Go back a few posts and look at the post about signing up with an iPhone - I followed it using an Apple TV.

I don't have an Iphone .

I have a MeCool KM2 running Google TV though so will try that.

Tried buying a cheap game on the Play Store and that gave a payment error too so its obviously Google blocking the payment not Disney.

Post edited by Zardoz on

I actually used an apple TV - but same principal for an iphone - maybe you could borrow an iphone from someone and follow the guide a few posts back. Best of luck with it - I know that frustration - I couldn't get it to work for nearly 3 weeks until I went the apple route.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Took my monthly fee today, no issues.

Tried again for a month and it worked this time !

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

Thank you, after many many many many failed efforts this worked, even at 1.04 with a couple of beers, i'm happy now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hopeless wanderor

I tried the VPN>BlueStacks> new account method didn't work , receiving error code 83 when opening app, does anyone know how to fix this, when I open webpage of Disney it opens Turkish website but on clicking signup nothing happens new page fails to load. I am using cyberghost VPN with Turkey IP.

If anyone has one spot free in Disney+ family please let me know. Revolut ready.

Advertisement