Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car breakdown on M50 on way to airport

Options
  • 20-06-2022 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi All

If your car breaks down on the M50 while on the way to the airport is there

a taxi service that can pick you up. It nearly happened to me once but I made

it to the airport but checking in case it happens again.

I know there are tow truck pickups but not sure about getting to airport angle.

Thanks

J

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The tow truck will pick you off and drop you at a point. You'd have to call a taxi from there

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jimbobmalones

Thanks - what if you are travelling with family - say 5 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

What would you do with the car? You do know you can't leave it on the M50 while you go traveling?

I've had taxis pick me up in strange places. I'm sure they don't care where they pick you up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They'll assist in getting you off the motorway for safety reasons. If that means multiple runs in the tow truck (they usually have two passenger seats), so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It would be picked up by the towing company who have the tender and brought to a depot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

might end up cheaper than the parking at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hardly - towing charge, daily storage charge and taxi fare to whatever depot it's in.

Advertisement