Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix Price increase

Options
  • 03-04-2022 9:38am

Just got notification of €2 pm price increase.

€2 per month doesn't seem much, but in percentage terms it's sizeable, and they do that boiling frog trick, it'll be over 15% again next time, and repeat ad infinitum.

It's spectacularly bad timing with inflation rising the way it is currently.

We've got Prime and Disney also... and any shows I've already started watching on Netflix... well, I'll watch them by other means.

Is €2 pm extra affordable, of course... it sticks in my craw considering other financial pressures Netflix are adding to for people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

We've cancelled, after being with them since launch really. There's just too many other options out their now, the continual price increases getting annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Why anyone pays the normal Netflix going rate is beyond me - sign up via a VPN set to Turkey and pay in Turkish Lira. Netflix Premium is 55 Turkish Lira which translates to 3.39 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ash97

I agree that price increases may get annoying, but I'm not ready to give up netflix. For me, it's a very convenient app and there're a lot of interesting movies. Of course, it has some problems, every streaming service does. Last month a had trouble with payment, so I wrote to the netflix customer service and they fixed it very quickly. I'm satisfied with its work and don't want to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Advertisement