Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol - Hulu- US Pace - (***Spoilers***) The Sex Pistols Story - Danny Boyle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A series about the Sex Pistols. Via Danny Boyle; no idea how official (or contested) it is in terms of the Pistols' actual backstory, but could be a fun one.

I have watched the first few episodes and I am actually really enjoying it.

The whole cast are really good.

Sydney Chandler, Kyle's daughter is playing Chrissie Hynde.

Maisie Williams is nearly unrecognisable

An easy 6 episodes to watch however it's far from the Punk and Anarchy bio drama of the Sex Pistols that would hope for.

The soundtrack is amazing as you would expect and Sydney Chandler as Chrissie Hynde steals the mini series for me.

The actors playing Johnny, Steve & Sid are really good.

The actor that plays Steve also played a young Michael Hutchence in the INXS bio doc mini series years ago.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement

Way to slick for it to be the sex pistols true story the cast were grand but i can see why Lydon tried to block it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Really enjoying this .

Danny Boyle directs so great cinematography and edit.

Some 'artistic licence' used, and its using Steve Jones as the story teller.

Anson Boon is excellent as Johnny Rotten.

Great use of music of the day between screens ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭archfi

Oh that's going on my watchlist.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Advertisement