Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ursus 4513 back end oil change

• 14-06-2022 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all have a ursus 4512 and want to change oil in the back end. Does anybody know much about these? Is transmission, hydraulic and back end all the same oil? Was under it this evening and could not find a drain plug for back end only the transmission and where is the filler spot and dipstick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

I don’t know much about them, but they are based on a Massey Ferguson, so the same oil does everything in the backend. There might be another drain plug hidden above the pick up hitch. The filler spot was a bung beside the two gear leavers on older Masseys, while later models had a pipe extending out at the front of the cab on the left hand side. Your tractor could have either of these locations, I’d say. The dipstick on older Masseys was roughly located just behind your left heal, as you sat on the seat. I’m not sure about later models, but it should be fairly obvious if you have a look around….

Just to add, there was a washable hydraulic filter located above a triangular plate, held on by three bolts, underneath the tractor. Your tractor may have similar. It will certainly have some form of filter anyway. Don’t forget to service it when the oil is drained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Was going to mention this too - best to change/clean the filters which will in effect also drain the oil. My MF390 has 3x filters - 1 underneath with the 3 bolts as you mentioned, one about a foot forward of the rear axle (rhs) and then the 3rd is the spin on type on the right hand side of the engine that filters the steering hydraulics.

Probably different for the Ursus but worth looking into before starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 john1697

Thansk for yer help

I do see three bolts underneath holding up a plate. Must pull that off and clean. I don't see any physical filters externally. Can see a drain plug below the transmission. I'll need to strip the cab ( panels around gear leavers ) to see if there is a filler in there. Thanks again will let ye know how things go

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭farmertipp

filler I'd on the left of gear sticks as far as I know. could be a gator covering it that's around bottom of gear sticks. it's got a hexagon head.

• Advertisement

There should be no need to strip panels. If the filler is there, it will be clearly visible.

Cab panels. Theirs plastic covers around gear leavers.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Farmer Dan

This is it John. Beside the gear stick

Thanks fellas

Filling point at gearstick as pictured above. And dipstick was over right hand rear axle.

Job dobe

Advertisement