Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brad Pitt F1 project

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm surprised Netflix isn't the streaming company behind this with there very very successful links to Formula 1 with the Drive to Survive documentaries being huge sucesses for them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

And it looks like they'll be going all-in for the F1 rights in the US too. If I were to guess, I'd say that Netflix probably weren't as open to the idea of a theatrical release as Apple (though Netflix seems to be considering this now for future projects).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Well if you want Oscars. Although, this doesn’t seem like the right fit, Netflix are no strangers to (albeit extremely limited) theatrical releases.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A reminder that of the few F1 movies out there, Ron Howard's Rush from 2013 was a half-decent telling of the Niki Lauda / James Hunt rivalry from the 70s. Howard made good use of a bunch of classic F1 cars driven around the famous Brands Hatch track in England, doubling for a host of locations.

When I saw this, I imagine Prince Paris from Troy replacing his battle armour for F1 fatigues. Pretty much?

• Advertisement
Advertisement