Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suggest alternative to EV6 GT Line or just wait for Earth model

• 08-06-2022 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi

So I was on a wait list for EV6 GT Line and my dealer has told me there is no guarantee he will get one at this stage. Should I just hang in there and wait for Earth model or are there any suggestions for alternatives in the same financial ballpark from the wise folk here. My gut tells me to wait because I am already in line but I liked the extras that were available on the higher spec model😏 Model 3 just doesn't do it for me, I drove a friends and while it was a great drive, I just felt it was a really small car🙄

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,758 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Kia EV6 is much bigger and more practical than the Tesla Model 3. Have you considered Tesla Model Y? Not cheap as they only do the AWD long range version at €70k or so, but it is very well specced. Alternatively, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 (sister car of your EV6). A good bit smaller is the Kia eNiro, a good second hand buy if you can get one for reasonable money.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

Thanks unkel

Model Y is out of range unfortunately and I prefer the EV6 over the Ioniq 5. eNiro is not on my radar at all, not tempted by it at all. Car market is just crazy at the moment. I have always had premium marques and generally bought s/h up to 2 years old. I like the EV6, I think I will just hang in there and see what comes my way with Kia dealer

Yeah the EV6 is a great car for sure, better built than any "premium" cars you and I are used to. It's a pity it's only available in long range (which I don't need) - if it had the smaller battery and started at €39k on the road like the Ioniq 5 did, I would have been tempted myself. I feel mid €50s is too much for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭eagerv

Keep a watch out for dealer cars coming on the market, EMail every dealer in the country, you never know. TitianGerm of this parish got lucky with an Ioniq 5 a few weeks ago.

You say the Model 3 is small? It's what I went for, loving it. Big boot and quite roomy, but agree not as practical as a hatchback. But I was never a lover of big cars, always preferring a more sporty Focus size rather than a more basic Mondeo size. But agree the GT line seems to be the best of both worlds, as is the Ioniq 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭creedp

I wonder if Kia have decided not to sell the smaller battery EV6 so they can charge more for the e-niro? If there was a €40k version of the EV6 it might be more difficult to charge north of €40k for the Niro.

• Advertisement

Yes, very possible / likely. We live in a capitalist society. It is the primary goal of all companies to maximise their profits. Can't really blame them for doing that. There's simply far too little supply of EVs and far too little competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

We are probably In the same boat OP(have not got the dreaded call yet) but not sure I’d be happy to settle for the Earth, part of me would just wish it was the GT line none of the extras on their own are must haves but collectively with the small cosmetic changes make the GT Line a different car imo

as to what else to get who knows. The ev6 was as close to a crossover as I would be happy to go so that rules out a lot of cars

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mobies

Polestar 2 are on there way over for delivery in August. With stock available. Worth a look.

I found the reviews of the Polestar 2 (base model FWD) not very encouraging.

• Advertisement
Advertisement