Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Hell In A Cell 2022- Sun 5th June (Contains Spoilers)

• 30-05-2022 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭

Takes place Sunday 5th June live on the wwe Network.

Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins (Hell in a Cell Match)

Kevin Owens vs. Ezekiel

Raw Women's Championship -- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka vs Becky Lynch

Bobby Lashley vs Omas & MVP

More TBC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cody vs. Seth the main event, is that the only HIAC match? I expected all to be given the ppv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,862 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They're not even fcuking pretending to try anymore......

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

Looks like it could be a fun PPV. Cody/Seth will be a banger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So who's turning ?

If its Liv it would be so disappointing, Finn would be nice

• Advertisement

Will

The rumoured return of Bray Wyatt save this PPV ?

Riccochet will defend his title on SD but Corbin gets a ppv match

You'd think Vince would want Gunther to have a ppv title win then

• Advertisement

12am- Pre show

1am-3.45am- main show

Gonna be fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I doubt it will be fun but since it's a Bank Holiday I'll probably stay up for at least some of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is the women's triple threat in the cell? That could be a good match.

The rest? Shíte.

The return of a certain masked wrestler could be the only way of deflecting Cody and Rollins from each other going forward.

It's hard not to see Cody in the MITB match so it's anyones guess really

Is Cody injured, as missed a house show replaced by Drew

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

Why on earth would you be hyped for Bray? He'll return, have a rambly promo, and then lose.

Rinse and repeat.

Also nobody anywhere has reported he's returning so who cares.

That's terrible luck for Cody. Just as he had the chance to establish himself as a top guy.

Elias and his guitar to introduce Ezekiel 😁

Hopefully it's not too serious and he won't miss too much time. Some headache for WWE

Imagine if they do a big mystery replacement for tonights HIAC match and its turns out to be big bad Drew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe he can still work it, but make it shorter and since not a title match he could still win before going off. Of course it would mean no crazy cage stuff. At least not from Cody.

MJF will turn up..

That would so move the needle, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,977 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just confirmed Cody will indeed just suck it up for tonight before he goes for surgery. Will be a fairly restrained one you'd think so.

Seems a bit pointless to have the tag and top belts unified, and none of them being defended. Nothing for Ricochet to do with his IC belt either.

And of the 2 belts actually being defended, I don't see either one changing hands.

Far as I can tell, only one of these matches is actually in a cell too. All a bit disappointing really...

WWE showing the Cody vignette in the Nightmare Factory doing weights and Cody say "This is where I make myself Bulletproof"

I guess it is also where he tore his pec over doing those weights. I wouldn't be surprised if he does more damage to himself in the cell tonight as Cody isn't one to go easy whatever highspot they had planned a moomsault off the roof of the cage etc he will still do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,337 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

really really good opener from the woman.

Yup - we pretty much knew Bianca was gonna keep the belt, but the match still totally sucked me in. Really good stuff, and Becky comes out of it looking great.

MVP is a rapper ?

Fairly shite

• Advertisement

What's the point of a long Roman recap promo in an event he's not even at?

Tbh Roman vs lashley would be a decent feud to kill a few weeks

Ko winning kind of devalues this feud

Comedic side of it completely pointless now

Ah shite, No Finn Balor heel turn

Decent enough match and hopefully we get Finn vs Edge one on one soon

And there's the other belt staying where it was. Another good match though, Theory is great, sells everything so well.

Got to love Seth Rollins and his dickhead antics

Guessing next time we might here Cody's theme will be for his return from Injury at the 2023 Rumble match

• Advertisement

Cody's chest ouch

Can almost feel the pain looking at it

In fairness decent enough event. It was all pretty predictable, except for Elias not beating KO, but the matches themselves were mostly good quality.

Shame for Cody to be out for so long now, when he's been so successfully built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Officer999

Yeah Cody returning winning the Rumble is a lock now. Give him his moment at Wrestlemania by winning the big one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,337 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cody **** Rhodes. Now that situation should be the exception not the rule as we shouldn’t be encouraging wrestlers to work injured because people need to work safe in the ring.

• Advertisement

I’m not sure whether to be horrified or impressed by that, but I do know it was insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Impressive by Cody to get through that but I really don't get why they'd have Rollins lose 3 matches in a row to him? He should have at least won the 2nd then to have Cody win the 3rd and overall feud. Or given the injury have Rollins win HIAC as Cody would've been protected. Doesn't make sense really, I mean when was the last time Rollins won at a PPV?

Having Seth beat Cody last night probably means they have to relight that feud when Cody comes back. You can’t have a big baby face return for Cody while ignoring the guy who put him on the shelf for months, UNLESS he beat him in the process of the injury.

having Cody win closed the storyline. Now, Cody can return to another big baby face pop, likely at the Rumble to win it, and can move cleanly towards a match with the champion.

Sucks for Seth, but he’s strong enough to bounce back pretty quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kksaints

Think Seth is over enough to shrug off most losses at this stage. I mean he could challenge for the belt next week and no-one would bat an eyelid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If the pain is even half as bad as the bruising Cody is nuts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Enjoyed that, lack of hype aside it was a pretty solid show. Women's match killed it and the six person tag was very good too with the right result to give Judgement Day some momentum.

Glad Omos/Lashley is over now and Lashley vs Reigns when it happens (My guess would be Money in the Bank now because Cody is hurt so they'll need to dust off Reigns and take him out of the cupboard) should be fun.

Cody's absolutely nuts wrestling with that sort of injury but it was a great match. As some have said likely a Rumble return and Mania win in his future but who knows? Cena came back after only 2 months out with a similar injury before so maybe he won't be gone too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Seth Rollins couldn't beat a guy with a torn bicep in a cell where anything goes.

He'll bounce back from it as he's a great personality but that has a whiff of Bray Wyatt about it. He can take the loss. When's he gonna win again? With WWEs 50/50 Booking his next feud won't feel decisive, he can't really move up the card after losing 3-0, to Cody

Is he the new gatekeeper to the upper card? Go through Seth to feel like a championship contender

Fair **** to Cody for that effort, let's hope he's not out for too long

Fairly odd results in some matches, like KO beating Ezekiel in thus killing that feud now. So is that for Bobby vs Omas/MVP ?

Yes do I admire respect him more or scare for him, his purple chest was brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,862 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cody is an absolute idiot for going through with that match with his pec like that.

Seth is an absolute idiot for agreeing to work a match like that with a one armed man and agreeing to lose again.

The WWE medical staff can never be taken seriously again and if anyone sues them for malpractice in future this match will be exhibit A.

Despite the fact this match should never have happened, and despite the fact that it was every one of both men's worst habits x1000, this was a masterclass in working around an injury.

• Advertisement
Advertisement