Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kena Bridge of Spirits

Options
  • 21-09-2021 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

For PC unfortunately an Epic Store exclusive and PS5 on the console side. A stunningly beautiful puzzle jumper with nicely done intermittent combat.

I've only put in an hour so far but I can't remember the last time a game just made me smile like this. The graphic quality and cinematic design are superb, as is the audio, voice-acting and soundtrack (kicking myself for not getting it with the Deluxe edition, will have to remedy that somehow). Controls are tight and responsive with simple but satisfying mechanics. The story is already shaping up directly and hinting at enough to make me think this will be quite emotionally impactful, something so very rare in gaming for me. There's nothing really we haven't seen before individually but it's all tied together and told so well it's a joy to play and just experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've been keeping an eye on this, and I heard the early reports/reviews saying it's a lovely looking game that does a lot of things right, but it's nothing new, short and straight forward. I'm unsure now, but Immortals: Fenx Rising didn't do anything new either, but was still a joy to play. I'm very tempted still! But I'm sure I'm gonna pick up Deathloop the weekend so might hold off on this for another bit, see what you Boardsies think!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I got it release day for PS5 , and absolutely love it so far , just completed the 1st major quest and it was quite heavy , it's very Pixar mixed sort of like those class PS2 puzzle adventure games sort of like Soul Reaver (without the vampires)

It's sort of open world but it's more hub based , I'm really enjoying it so far, it's just the right amount of challenge aswell

Surprised there's not more in this thread. Picked this up a few days ago and loving it. Don't know why it tool me so long.

It's a stunning game. Not too big but still has a sense of scale. I'm really being won over by draw distance this gen. At times, Kenas face looks a bit too cartooney, like it's too young for her, because the overarching theme is dark enough.

I'm near the end. Working on the last mask and currently trying to beat one of the sub bosses, and he's handing me my ass. The general combat is grand, fairly simplistic, but the bosses ramp up the difficulty. Not Souls bad, because Kena can actually move, but you can be killed quite quickly. And limited healing during battle.

Recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

yeah the boss battles were the one thing I didn't like especially the limited healing opportunities . There was one or 2 bosses that took me at least 20 tries to complete

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Absolutely loved this, got the plat and all with the exploit that was going around at the time so I didn't have to play through it twice, apparently the hard difficulty is really unfair especially in boss fights.

• Advertisement

I'm playing the middle one and yeah, there's a few bosses I wouldn't like to meet on harder. Mask maker being the stand out one so far. But I did eventually best him. Didn't know you had to play through it twice for a plat...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya master difficulty unlocks after you beat the game then you have to play it on master, there was a glitch you could use to unlock it without playing it but they patched it in 1.06.

Master difficulty?! That's not gonna happen!

Advertisement