Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021/22 FSA Championship discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

104 points and I still lost to someone playing bench boost ... that's a good start to the H2H this year !

Think that was me.

just played the BB as wanted rid of it.

fierce tough to lose with a score of 104.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Felt bad losing with 97, then saw there were 2 that lost on 104.

At least it wasn't the only score in the H2H that was higher than mine . Some great scores this week. 105 is a pretty decent score overall from bench boost even if they bench didn't actually do much for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

104 as well and lost.

• Advertisement

As things stand, it's looking like I have secured promotion to the premier league next season ! I've been in the championship since the start, a few 4th places finishes and last day losses to drop out of the promotion places.

I'll end up finishing 4th now for counting my chickens early 😃

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I have a screen grab of final standings if needed for next season.

1st - 3rd: 148808/125077/2694 are promoted to Prem

4th - 17th: 948742/2879/7105/417327/401489/597844/701496/102009/115427/805466/40112/434108/488193/890126

18th - 20th: 8492/26771/122072 are relegated to lge 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Congrats to TaytoCrisps who has won this league and will go up to the FSA Premier League, joined by patmac and klopparama.

It probably won't have gone unnoticed by those who are here regularly, that traffic on here has been way down this season, and this competition will have suffered as much as any in terms of diminished interest in here.

I'm still planning on keeping it around next year, however if interest is down and there is a decent amount of attrition this year, I will get rid of one of the leagues this year. (I'm looking at July 23rd to be the deadline for entry assuming the site doesnt end up being past the start of July). Basically if from the 80 people who have qualified for the leagues, we get less than 60 signing up by the deadline, I will go for 3 leagues rather than going wild into the Qualifying League to fill an entire 4th league. Similarly, it would be 2 leagues if it were less than 40, although I think attrition being this extreme is very very unlikely.

The 20 teams below will make up the FSA Championship 22/23

Iago

MrSkinny

dasa29

ElTel

manual_man

KevIRL

Easy Rod

mhaigheo

FHFC

wrestlemaniac

AdpRo

dahat

Hogey007

Ginger Ninja

tom_k

Captain Bob

MarkSRFC21

Ros1234

ScummyMan

If any spaces do become available the first 6 people in line will be: stephenl15, Cartman78, greedygoblin, F1ngers, Rodgeb, remoteboy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Think I should still be in the Championship next season no? I was 40112 finished 14th this season.

Good man for spotting that. Would have been a horrible job figuring out who that missing 20th player was if the site had already gone down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ha glad I checked in it's been a while! Think I set the league up would have sucked to miss out after all this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Thanks CSF for all the hard work.

Just 1 comment. I think the correct order for the reserve spots should be stephenl15, greedygoblin, Rodgeb, unkymo, dr.kenneth noisewater & GetWithIt.

Cartman78, F1ngers & remoteboy were just relegated from the Championship.

The order for the teams who get the spots is 1) the person with the highest points between 4th in League 1 and 18th in Championship 2) the other one of those teams 3) the person with the highest points between 5th in league 1 and 19th in Championship etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Didn't know that! Thanks for clarifying. Has it always been that way?

I believe so. Unless my long term memory is failing me

Advertisement