Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politically homeless

Options
  • 02-06-2022 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Having read that SF plans to prioritise Palestine and neutrality as its foreign policy if it is in government I am now officially politically homeless.

I view FF and FG as two cheeks of the same flatulent corrupt arse. I can never vote for them.

I would rather chew my own leg off than give even a 19th preference vote to either the Greens or Labour. (explaining my reasons in detail would fill me with such blind inchoate rage that it wouldn't be good for anyone).

I can't vote for Boyd-Barrett's lot due to their ludicrous nonsense during COVID and their current ludicrous nonsense "well, sure, Mr Putin is a baddie, but on the other hand what about America Israel blah blah blah etc".

I am left of centre, so the obvious choice is the Social Democrats. But I don't trust them, I suspect they will end up doing, along the lines of the Greens and Labour.

Anyone else identify with the above? I can't be the only one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Inchoate. nice word.

I'd be in a similar vein. I've voted around over my 18 years of voting, Fine Gael, Sinn Féin, Greens, Independents, maybe even Labour at a local level, have all got votes from me. Next election? I'm at a loss what to do. People say nothing will change if you keep voting the same parties in, by god, who does that leave? Paul Murphy and his ilk. Yeeeuccck. No. Social Democrats? Nahhh.

EDIT.

Can't believe it's been 18 years since I've had a vote. I was doing my leaving cert at the time, or had just done it. 2004. I wasn't on the register of electors, but a teacher at my school was a councillor and he got me on it. I remember it was a lovely sunny day, I went to the polling station with my father. Afterwards to mark it, we stopped at a beer garden in the sun by a river and had a pint each. Nice memory.

Advertisement