Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URC Final 8 - Ulster vs. Munster - Friday, 3rd June @ 7.35pm - Premier Sports 2, TG4, URC TV

Options
  • 02-06-2022 11:00am

Ulster

1. Andrew Warwick
    2. Rob Herring
    3. Tom O'Toole
    4. Alan O'Connor
    5. Iain Henderson
    6. Marcus Rea
    7. Nick Timoney
    8. Duane Vermulen
    9. John Cooney
    10. Billy Burns
    11. Ethan McIlroy
    12. Stuart McCloskey
    13. James Hume
    14. Rob Baloucoune
    15. Stewart Moore
    16. John Andrew
    17. Eric O'Sullivan
    18. Gareth Milasinovich
    19. Kieran Treadwell
    20. Matty Rea
    21. Nathan Doak
    22. Ian Madigan
    23. Ben Moxham

Munster

1. Josh Wycherley
    2. Niall Scannell
    3. Stephen Archer
    4. Jean Kleyn
    5. Fineen Wycherley
    6. Peter O'Mahony
    7. Alex Kendellen
    8. Gavin Coombes
    9. Conor Murray
    10. Joey Carbery
    11. Keith Earls
    12. Damian de Allende
    13. Chris Farrell
    14. Andrew Conway
    15. Mike Haley
    16. Diarmuid Barron
    17. Jeremy Loughman
    18. John Ryan
    19. Jason Jenkins
    20. Thomas Ahern
    21. Craig Casey
    22. Ben Healy
    23. Chris Cloete

Referee: Jaco Peyper (SARU)

AR 1:  Hollie Davidson (SRU) AR 2: Ben Blain (SRU)

TMO: Marius van der Westhuisen (SARU)

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Teams are out. OP wants to update the post so will just say that having looked at the sides I think Ulster have a slight advantage up front. No Mike Lowry though, so they'll miss hiss counterattacking threat.

Original post updated with team selection

Paddy Power has Ulster at 3 point favourites at the moment, lets see will that update after the team announcements.

• Administrators Posts: 53,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I can't remember the last time this fixture had team selections that were close pretty much full strength, so this one will be interesting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

When we rested Vermeulen and Billy Burns?

I take it Carbery is covering centre/FB if there's an injury? Who'd go to wing? Haley, with Joey to 15 and Healy to 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Madeoface

Game is on TG4 too btw.

Thanks a mill, have updated the thread title.

For some reason, Ultimate Rugby doesn't always list TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Munster have a strong team

Powerful centre partnership and back row should give Joey a bit of space to play

I think we have a stronger pack playing tomorrow than we had in April with a big difference being Murray didn't start last time, Casey did

I hope this works out but I don't think Munster are capable of playing the type of game that won in April with Murray at 9 and I cannot understand why JVG hasn't selected Casey to start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Agree on Casey. He's been far and away our best SH this season. People point to the Tolouse game as a mark against him but by the time he came on the team were knackered. Impossible to play a high tempo game when you're breathing out your arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Should be a really interesting game. Ulster slightly edge it on the team sheets. Though they have looked mentally fragile since the Toulouse game. The win in April will give Munster great hope. Should be a close game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Munster have the slightly better team and bench, but home advantage is huge, particularly Friday night, not many will travel from Munster I'd guess.

Looking forward to a battle!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Probably the best set of domestic QF’s we’ve ever had (since they became a thing)?

To be fair to the URC, the addition of the better calibre SA teams, and the re-brand, seems to have worked out really well.

Expecting this to be a close one, have a feeling the home advantage might edge it for Ulster.

Coombes back is a big boost tho. Hope he’s able to hit the ground running.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭phog

I couldn't see us beat them up there last time but we did but can we beat them 3 times in the one season, love it but can't see it happening, twice in a row in Ravenhill.

Knock out rugby with the end of the season going to the loser means both teams need to go into this game fully focused.

Breakdown can be a mess as Jaco doesn't really mind so packs can have a field day but we need to stop McCloskey before he gathers momentum as I think if he makes line breaks their backs can score from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

If Im MacFarland. I tell big Stu to run directly at Carberry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I have been on a total rugby blackout after last weekend so didn't even know this was on but those are some tasty teams and very much looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Coombes strikes me as one of those lads that need a few games to get back up to speed - hope he proves me wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Don't think Munster have the better team, Ulster backs as a unit are better, the backs both have their strengths and weakness and that kind of evens it out, the Munster bench is very strong compared to the Ulster one, the gameplan will be absolutely key, I expect Ulster to win with a score to spare.

What on earth was that set play from Ulster? Pass to the blindside off the scrum, contact and then turned over so easily. They never resourced the ruck and POM pounced.

Genuinely don't know what Ulster were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

usual slow start from Munster.... what is that about.... never changes...

• Advertisement

Ulster maul a huge asset so great to see Fineen competing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Caught cold there

Munsters players were far more interested in the niggle and starting a fight than defending their own try line. Fell asleep and conceded a try.

That's Kendellan and Wycherley off the plane for New Zealand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭clsmooth

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ladibai

Kendellan needs to stop this handbags hardman act. He is too small for it

Kendellan was more interested in scrapping than playing well against Leinster a few weekends ago too.

• Advertisement

Played the 9 there.

Advertisement