Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Looking forward to seeing bicep. Hope they're on the Saturday of that weekend. Probably get a day ticket.

Should be good festival

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

The Saturday line up is fairly weak bar Bicep.

Grabbed myself a Sunday ticket as most of the big hitters are on that day.

Hopefully the crowd won't be as young/scaldy as the last time I went to this in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭lukin

Just got my Sunday ticket for this. I am only going to see Lorde, I have no interest in the other artists (apologies to them or their fans if they are reading this). I'd say it will be late enough when she takes to the stage.

Wonder when the stage times will be announced for this

Heading the Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'd say about 9 - 9.15 PM, hour and a half set possibly as the event shuts down each night at 10.45 PM.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Stage times are out for this weekend. Feeling very out of touch by not knowing many acts at all playing on the Saturday (apart from the main stage), if anyone has any recommendations or ones worth looking up please feel free to suggest! Sunday should be good, Chet Faker, The Avalanches, Floating Points and Hot Chip is a nice run.

Lorde only playing for an hour? I was going to stay the night in Dublin after she finishes but now I will head home straight after.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

5 stages!

Post edited by pjcb on

You know the way some venues like Whelans, keep a few tickets on the door even if it's s sell out.

I wonder would the Ticketmaster van onside do the same?

Asking for a mate whose looking for a Sunday ticket.

• Advertisement

Not sure but I managed to pick up a Saturday ticket last week on Ticketmaster even though it was sold out. I've done this for a few events over the years. I'd say get your mate to check regularly throughout the day, failing that I'm sure there are people selling them on tout less or twitter.

Rain forecasts for tomorrow, could be a washout.

Any reports back from today yet, what's the crowds like at it?

Heading tomorrow hopefully they will be nice. Was a bit scaldy the last time I was there in 2018.

Good day yesterday. Busy on site and queues for drinks and toilets very long, but they moved quick enough anytime I was queuing. €7 for a pint.

Good atmosphere at the festival. More mature crowd than I was expecting, the last year I was at it I felt like it was a fairly young and messy crowd but not the case yesterday and hopefully the same today.

Weather not looking great today which will be a spanner in the works. Hopefully won't get too bad.

Cheers for the update. Sounds promising re the crowd.

Gonna throw the yellow sesh parka on, after being locked up for two years I think I can handle a bit of rain.

Gonna head for brunch now then a coupla pre gig pints in the Royal Oak and in for circa 4 bells.

Here's hoping for a great day!

Tough going yesterday with the weather. Ground was cut up pretty badly, although did get some great entertainment from seeing people slip in the muck! Crowd still generally in good spirits despite the weather. Avalanches were disappointing for me, Floating Points pretty good, Hot Chip brilliant as usual. Was at the start of Peggy Gou but way too squashy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

yeah wanted to see her as did everyone else but then lots of people standing around drinking and talking, hard to find a space where you weren't hearing that chatter as much as the music in that tent, sound was terrible, just gave up and enjoyed myself dancing at Franky Wah in the half empty smaller tent

I didn't get to this despite having a ticket; was it raining during Lorde's set?

Yeah the under foot conditions were treacherous but I had an amazing time despite having a tumble in the mud.

Chet Faker was bril, I actually like Avalanches set some diverse use of samples everything up to Larry Levan, saw a bit of Tom Misch, Floating Points was brilliant as always.

I tried to brave the crowds for Peggy for the 1st 45 minutes but I couldn't get into her set so finished up the last half hour with Hot Chip.

Ended up at Floating Points in the Button Factory afterwards.

Only out of bed in the last half hour but nothing Pizza Max won't cure.

Advertisement