Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21/22 FSA League 2 discussion thread

Options
  • 19-08-2021 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

I hadn't seen a league 2 chat thread and if a mod wants to delete this and split the 21/22 FSA League 2 signup thread, no problem at all.

Credit to Scorpionsting and CSF for rescuing the leagues this year. It was looking very unlikely only a few weeks ago.

First week was very tough and was nip and tuck with everyone having very very similar teams.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Somehow - SOME-HOW - I would have beaten every other team in GW 1 except the team I was playing 😂

About a 5% chance of that - got to love the H2H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Being bottom of the league means the only way is up! A big relegation battle ahead this weekend and its only week 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Gutted to be relegated in 18th place (RomaSuck). Especially when I finished nearly 500 points ahead of the 17th placed team and they didn't make a single transfer or lineup change since GW11 in November.

Any rules in these leagues about abandoned teams?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No rules.

Once teams sign up at start of season, they're in.

If teams don't sign up at start of next season those places will be back-filled from eligible teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Congrats to Father Hernandez who has won this league and will go up to the FSA League 1, joined by Tailgunner and Markx.

It probably won't have gone unnoticed by those who are here regularly, that traffic on here has been way down this season, and this competition will have suffered as much as any in terms of diminished interest in here.

I'm still planning on keeping it around next year, however if interest is down and there is a decent amount of attrition this year, I will get rid of one of the leagues this year. (I'm looking at July 23rd to be the deadline for entry assuming the site doesnt end up being past the start of July). Basically if from the 80 people who have qualified for the leagues, we get less than 60 signing up by the deadline, I will go for 3 leagues rather than going wild into the Qualifying League to fill an entire 4th league. Similarly, it would be 2 leagues if it were less than 40, although I think attrition being this extreme is very very unlikely.

The 20 teams below will make up the FSA League 2 22/23

Jeju

Monkstownhoop

Shanotheslayer

SideshowMark

mailrewop

Green&Red

Colking

Copper_pipe

cdev

FPL48

Shedite27

richieffff

loadwire

Missing Links

COH

Mectavba

Christy Browne

Fitz*

liamoreilly

Ninja Avenger

If any spaces do become available the first teams in line will be: nullObjects, Cypher_sounds, elefant, HenrysLeftHand, mno101, Jack the snipe, richardbradley, Ace2007, cazzlewazzle89, claw, markc91, Rikand, passinginterest, Sands81, howareyakid, supasoumi99, onrail, kilburn, siblers, 2ndRowDonkey, Joe Dixon, normanoffside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Thanks CSF, we've all noticed since they changed the layout of Boards that interest in the Fantasy Sports Arena as well as every other Board has suffered dramatically.

I think that's a good common sense approach to reduce the number of leagues by one (if there isn't sufficient interest to maintain them at their current numbers)

Hopefully this would lead to a bit of interaction from the people in the various leagues.

Advertisement