Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,971 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think they don't want to break up RKBro yet

What happened to Shinsuke Nakamura challenging Roman, was it just dropped?

No matter what they do, Ronda and Charlotte is a boring feud

Who was fed to Raquel on her SD in ring debut?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Some new girl. They seemed very focussed on Raquel's appearance and being happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't think they need to break up RKOBro at all. I just don't get why it's s six man tag for no real reason. You're right, they Shinsuke tease is annoying, I'm sure they did exactly this with him last year too.

I was going to say the same, Raquel has gone through the Main Roster machine in that she now has to always be smiling and we need to be reminded that she is attractive. Can't see this lasting long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

At the Seattle Kraken game last night it was fan appreciation night and they were giving out prizes to different sections. Brock Lesnars music hit and an announcement came up that a section was all getting two tickets to Smackdown in September. My section won Slipknot tickets so swapped with another fan in that section since I already have the Slipknot one. Was a great night overall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nice

Say its another world over there in terms of Arena events

Shinsuke Nakamura still wants Reigns

Still no idea what they're doing with Lacey, but seems she's going to be a heel, even after her life story?

Nice to see them actually remember that they set up Nakamura. Althought then Sami beat him, by count out but still.

Lacey Evans is the most baffling thing I've ever seen. Like 5 weeks of sympathy promos, this week's one was especially bad. Then they have to ask the audience to cheer her. If they're trying to run heel with her, having her interact with the crowd is weird too, dreadful.

Backlash looks like a groaner of a show to me tbh.

The promos made it seem like they were going to bring her back as face especially with the whole US Marine thing. But introducing her saying the line about giving the respect she deserves doesn't say that.

Maybe she's going to be a cocky heel acting like a face which is why she's interacting with the crowd.

Will she go straight for Charlotte or someone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The sooner she goes back to calling people classless nasties as the Sassy Southern Belle, the better.

I'm kinda getting into Bloodline feuding with DrewKBro

Didn't they call it RKMcBro?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So Pete Dunne is hornswoggle now?

Sami part of Bloodline

Solid enough Smackdown.

The Raquel/Ronda match was surprisingly solid and actually did a good job of establishing Raquel and protecting her in the finish, Ronda looked better too.

The Butch/Kofi match was good too, the Butch stuff against all odds is working and seems to be getting over too.

Sami as part of the Bloodline is fun too. Championship Unification match I'm guessing will end in a DQ for a rematch at HIAC. Riddle hitting the knee was slick too.

Raquel really took it to Ronda, part of me thought Rebecca would answer the challenge

Orton mentioning Cena who is returning for SS, RKBro with Cena against Bloodline or is Theory vs. Cena set?

Reigns in a feud against Orton would be good

Is RKBro losing their titles tonight?

Did LA Knight need a name change, was this what was in mind for Adam Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Was just coming here to say lol at the name change yet again for Knight.

• Advertisement

The LA Knight name change seems pointless and it's definitely less cool sounding.

I'd bet we never get that tag tournament, wouldn't even surprise me if that was it for the titles.

Liked Nakamura's match, good bit of storytelling continuity. Also love the idea of Ricochet/Gunther for the IC, Gunther would make a great IC champ.

Bloodline making kids cry, love it!

Idiotic. LA Knight was such a cool name. Perfect wrestling name.

Max Dupri sounds very 'best of luck in your future endeavours'

Seeing Mia Yim on Impact made me wonder whatever happened with that new role for Mace from Retribution. And looks like it's happening now. I guess LA Knight is more of a wrestler name than a manager.

Surprised they went through with the unification. Said about being the first unified tag champs in history. Didn't they have separate titles during the previous brand split?

Yep apparently Riddle is the MITB match a few weeks prior

Riddle to cost Randy or Randy to destroy Riddle the post summerslam Raw

If only they could give every wrestler an ounce of Sami's humour. He is the most naturally funny guy in wrestling.

KO and Riddle on SD, is this new tag team BroNak

• Advertisement

Riddle is really well over

The short tease of Ronda vs. Shayna was interesting, just take Shayna away from the tag scene and build her up

Advertisement