Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giro Stage 19 Marano Lagunare to Castelmonte

• 27-05-2022 9:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

After yesterdays "much-better-than-a-sprint" sprint stage, its time to head uphill again, with a detour through Slovenia.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Bookies have Carapaz, Carthy and Hindley as joint 10/1 favourites with Landa much further down (30/1) which is interesting as you would think Landa has to try something. Maybe he will wait until tomorrow (maybe they all will) but for Landa it's a bit of a gamble leaving it to one stage rather than trying in both when you are over a minute down. I'll go for Arensman in the break. He has tried often enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Hannah appears to have interrupted Wiggins during a spot of impromptu oxy-acetylene brazing this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Some drive-by heckling there from Wiggins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭De Bhál

that was the most interesting thing he did all week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Gaviria to pull a Colbrelli and top 5 a GT mountain stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I remember finding him good in his first TDF on the moto but it just feels like parody at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭De Bhál

i just don't get it at all, it adds nothing to the experience for me. He just repeats the same thing the commentators have said probably ten times by then. Like earlier he basically said

"breaks gone eventually, took longer than expected, hello Richie mate (to Richie Porte as he passed him), talk to you all later"

pointless

I thought he was very good on the couch last year, (TDF I think), good insights etc. but now I believe he would mess up the dynamic in the studio as it's relaxed and easy going right now.

There must be something better for him to do...I don't know what like interview mechanics, chefs, the support team, look at the food the teams have, look at the bikes properly, give us a tour of a bus etc. Talk to some fans or whatever.

No, sit on a bike and shout a load of rubbish at the camera. Waste of petrol.

I've actually stopped bothering with the studio stuff this year and left the multi audio feed on with Rob and Sean after the stages. Not sure why, just wasn't particularly enjoying it.

Oh no , Richie Porte looked have been sick there.

Stage 13: Wiggo near Bardet, Bardet throws up

Stage 19: Wiggo near Porte, Porte throws up

Is there a pattern starting here?

• Advertisement

God I'm sick of seeing Michael Buerk shilling coins, and no I do not need funeral insurance.

Porte abandons. Very unfortunate for him ☹️

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Zardini attacking 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

It's working, he's got his name on the telly now.

€40 a year for eurosport/gcn+ is slightly more than sky sports monthly charge. Easily worth the price versus other streaming options. I'm not on a commission :)

Not sure why Bora are riding on the front when their tactic appears to be just to ride tempo on this climb.

Pantani!!!!!

• Advertisement

They should put Kelly on the motorbike instead of Wiggins. He'd be tearing strips off lads (assuming he didn't take a bike from the Neutral Service car and just drop them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

And then they all blow up as soon as Ineos make a surge 🤪

Looks like Valter is out for a spin with the kids, he's huge vs the others 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

da fuq? that last corners lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That was a comical ending…

They were following the car there I bet.

ah jesus!

Not sure Bouwman was faultless in that - he shut the door on Schmid on the bend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

Its a very tight left hander for the last corner

The battle between the 3 main GC rivals is very tame really when you think about. Each of them making small bursts and then stopping. None of them willing to go all out. Landa especially should have gone for a much longer effort but then maybe didn't have it in him.

Schmid is really hacked off

Yeah that slow-mo replay shows that Bouwman cut across Schmid, forcing Schmid to slam on the brakes. Schmid's back wheel locked up, he ran wide and that caused Vendrame to go off course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That stage was a big letdown for me. I expected a good breakaway but we only got a few half decent riders in it.

I expected somebody from the front three on GC to make a good effort at trying to move away from the other two but we git very little from that either.

I just have this feeling that Landa is the strongest on the very steep climbs. He has nothing to lose tomorrow and he needs to break away from Hindley and Carapaz. I think he needs to get two minutes to have any chance on Sunday. That'd give him around a one minute lead.

Think Carapaz is the strongest myself, he's just been biding his time and following attacks, with a few half-hearted ones himself. He also is a rider who doesn't really need the sky-neos train to support him, he's well able to ride himself and follow others, so the loss of Porte shouldn't be that big a deal. Can see him putting in a dig tomorrow that finally snaps Landa and Hindley of his wheel.

Would rather one of the other 2 win it because Ineos, but that would be tempered a bit as I actually like Carapaz.

• Advertisement
Advertisement