Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ESB Apprenticeship

• 20-04-2022 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

just wondering if anyone has applied for ESB apprenticeship 2022 ?

I haven’t heard about interviews yet ?

Comments

I applied and did the aptitude tests at the end of March. I haven’t heard anything since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Max07

Maybe we’ll hear something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dildert123

Waiting to hear something back myself too.

Have yea heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 otsu

Nothing on my end yet.

Same as everyone above, completed the application and assesment but still waiting to hear anything since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 MrRandomMan.

I have applied for ESB apprenticeship 2022.

I am still waiting to hear something back.

I know a few that have applied aswel and they haven't heard any thing back aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 veevay

I’ve just got a phone call, interview on the 23rd. Has anyone else heard back yet?

Nice one, veevay... hope it goes well for you.

Did anyone else hear back?

Heard back I've one on the 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

@Dildert123, @veevay Well done, best of luck with it. Can I ask where are the interviews being held or are they remote? Were they in contact with you by email or phone?

• Advertisement

Best of luck @Dildert123 and @veevay! I got a called for an interview too.

@mtb_sends they rang me and sent an email. The interviews are in person in Portlaoise.

Yeah i got a phone call then i was sent an email.

Mines in the clayton Hotel in dublin

Well done @Sorcha97 best of luck with it. What date did they give you for your interview. I presume they will be run over a couple of weeks given the number of applicants

@mtb_sends thank you! I have my interview on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 murphef

For those that have applied and haven't heard anything back yet, when you check your applied jobs on the ESB careers site is it still showing " assessment "?

For those that have heard back has it changed to " interview " ?

I personally haven't heard back yet, just curious if I'm still in with a chance of hearing back.

@murphef I haven't heard anything back yet and it still says "assessment". If I'm not mistaken I think their interviews normally take place over the course of a month because they have such a large volume of candidates, so all is not lost yet anyway. I'm open to correction though.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm the same, fingers crossed we will hear something back soon.

@murphef @mtb_sends

Well lads I had a quick look at my account and mine has interview on it.

It was strange this year they usually send out emails to show people where they are but there were none this year only a call about an interview.

@Dildert123 Congrats on the Interview. Unfortunately I didn't make the cut. Just to let you know the status will change to "we regret to inform you that you have not been shotlisted" or something along those lines if your unsuccessful and you get an email confirming this. Best of luck to all who were shortlisted for interview 👍️

@Dildert123 thanks for that. Best of luck with your interview

@mtb_sends sorry to hear you didn't get an interview.

I must go on and check mine again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Corkgal007

I just checked mine and it says "interview " but I haven't received a call or email yet .

Just checked mine again there and it now says "interview" but it's dated from last week. Still haven't heard anything.

@Corkgal007 when was yours dated?

Hoping I haven't missed the email/call

If you're Cork based and your status has changed to "interview" I think you may be getting a call today or tomorrow so keep an eye on your phones.

@otsu any idea on the rest?

I dont, I'm just going on personal experience

My application changed to Interview on 17th May but I didnt get phone call or email until 26th May, my interview is tomorrow in Portlaoise.

@murphef any phone call yet ?? I know another guy from cork who had his interview in cork on the 23rd !

@Corkgal007 best of luck with the interview.

Nothing as of yet, hopefully hear something this week.

Thanks @murphef interview went very well. Think its all girls this week for interviews in Portlaoise. Very slow process .Think they are also taking a break for 3 weeks due to leaving cert exams starting next week so I was told if I make it through to medical it will be in 3 weeks . The long waits are a killer but I presume that's expected with such a large amount applying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GeneralSherman

My daughter is interested in applying next year. Any advice on the application process and interview ?. How did you demonstrate your suitability ?

Advertisement