Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda Demio Jap Import Advice

Options
  • 04-05-2022 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, Long story short - bought a Jap Import Mazda Demio, attempted theft resulted in wrecked ignition. Garage cannot seem to source parts beyond ordering from Japan at a cost of almost 2k and a 6 month wait. I want to sell this car as soon as I can as I think it's only going to be stolen eventually Anyone got any experience with Japanese ports who could advise please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭User1998

Does the car have an alarm & immobiliser installed? If not, get one installed when you do get it fixed. There may be another attempted robbery but it won’t get stolen with one installed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Have you tried Mazda? They might be able to cross reference parts and see if the Japanese and European cars share the same ignition

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If it doesn't have a factory fitted immobiliser they will still do a lot of damage to the car before they find out it won't start, you'd hope that they don't do much more when it wont start. I'd a JDM with a good alarm and immobiliser fitted didn't stop them trying to steal it and damaging it.

• Advertisement

True. Hence why I said there may be another attempted robbery

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lisa137

No alarm but I am now looking into it apparently there was an immobilizer which they trashed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lisa137

Thanks, I do suspect they will have an another go at it again. The car is also lime green so it stands out . My best hope is to try sell it if I can get it repaired

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciara241

Hi I'm also having the same issue, I bought a mazda demio import in April and 9 days later attempted theft they wrecked my ignition also, I was onto my garage 2 weeks ago they said it will take 6 weeks to get the piece from mazda, 2 weeks later its now gone up to 12 weeks, im lost without my car so I understand how your feeling, good luck i hope you get it sorted, 😊

I think anyone with a Mazda Demio should remove the ‘Demio’ badges and replace them with a ‘Mazda 2’ badge. Remove the wind deflectors that come on the Demios, and remove any square Jap style registration plates and Japanese stickers.

And obviously get an alarm & immobiliser fitted.

Same applies to the other Jap cars being constantly stolen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciara241

Oh really, I knew about the square Reg plates, that's how they can tell, but everything else I wouldn't have known, thanks for the tip, I think when I get it back if I ever get it back I'm going to sell it on straight away I can't be dealing with the stress of it happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 srk_kangaroo

Sorry for digging up an older post. Any chance you could share what year this car was please? Or what year of Deimos they target for stealing? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement