Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny Depp Vs. Amber Heard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kate Moss giving evidence on behalf of Depp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭jj880

No wonder Depps legal team were happy when Heard mentioned Kate Moss and they could include her as a witness.

Not only did Depp not push Kate Moss down the stairs but when she slipped and fell down the stairs he ran to her aid, carried her to bed and got her medical attention.

From all Heards recordings and the case overall it looks like Heard was gathering evidence (at least what she thought could pass for evidence) to force a big divorce settlement. There was a list of crazy demands. She didn't get them met so decided she was going to destroy Depp. Not all people will agree but that's how it looks.

Who knows how the promo will go for Aquaman 2. I dont think she will be involved. Could you imagine her on a talk show like Graham Norton after this?

She could be cut from the film completely yet.

TMZ got a "tip off" to come to a car park to get a photo of a bruise on Heards face on the day she file for a restraining order. The car park of the courthouse where Heard had just filed the restraining order. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Heard getting a right bashing on social media. Has she any supporters?

Johnny starting to look like Logan Roy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

When is the ruling meant to happen with this case anyways?

• Advertisement

Closing arguments tomorrow.

Then dury deliberations immediately.

Could take a while for the dury to reach a verdict though. Mountains of evidence to go through Id say.

Does the judge rule immediately after verdict in a civil case in the US? Not sure.

Her support is very thin on the ground. Few people now and again. Rachel Riley randomly tweeted saying she wouldn't wish Depp on her worst enemy. Not sure whats going on there.

Its overwhelming support for Depp. Even the witnesses Heards own legal team call end up being disastrous. Her lawyers look like they are constantly floundering to make any kind of case for her. Theres no substance to any of her claims except her own recordings which have ended up making her look like the abuser instead of the abused.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,346 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Depp is a raging alcoholic and a drug addict who can't even remember his violent outbursts, lucky that some of it is caught on tape like smashing cabinets to on. He's trying to win a case to save his career, but we all know he's in the wrong and should lose this case, unreal what the Depp fanboys have done to Heard, she's the victim, shame on all those women groupies harassing her on Depps request.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

In the end of the day, this is a very hard case for Depp to actually win

Defamation is notoriously hard to prove, so I can’t see a result in his favour here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,696 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Judge Azcarate looks like especially through the latter part of this that she might have wished that she was working in McDonalds…

if one was to read her body language, facial expressions and the barley interested intonation when she speaks at times…” I can’t believe “I studied 5 years to be with these people doing this”

Yes there is evidence of Depp slamming some cupboards. Trouble is that's it.

Heard was arrested for assaulting her ex girlfriend and admitted to hitting Depp in the recordings played in court.

Depps team have gained the advantage in having Depp own his drug / drink problems but most of all getting the case televised. Heard wont admit to anything even when caught red handed in cross examination e.g. stating she donated her divorce settlement to a children's hospital when she kept the money. In a court case when you are caught lying it calls into question everything else you say. Especially when you have no evidence or witnesses to back it up.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭US3

Did she really chop off Johnny's finger?

Its he said she said on that incident. Depp went to hospital so there are xrays etc.

All of Heards claims have to be taken at her word. That's the problem she has. All the times she says Depp hit her, knocked her to the ground, grabbed her round the neck, sexually assaulted her with a bottle. No evidence, no witnesses, no medical records for any of it.

Im not convinced Depp will win this case as has been said above defamation is difficult to prove. I think his secondary goal was to show the public the real Amber Heard and let them make up their own minds. Depp doesnt come out of this looking great but Heard looks unhinged and sociopathic. It will be interesting to see what the reaction will be to Depp and Heard once the verdict and ruling are finished up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

No matter the verdict of the jury...Depp wins. He's been shown to be an addict who uses grotesque language. Heard has been shown to be a liar and an abuser.

Free Palestine from Hamas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Heard constantly trying to cry was pretty funny. She's been caught out on lies,editing videos,editing photos, no evidence of abuse, witnesses seen no marks on her and her body language isn't that of someone that been abused. She's sitting there smirking and laughing, the constantly talking directly to the jury was just weird. She's a complete sociopath

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it's fair to say they were both abusive to each other to some degree, but Heard has definitely been shown to have manipulated the truth in her op-ed and the things she has said. Depp's team certainly put forward the stronger case and Heard was a disaster on the stand, though I've seen a lot of clips of Depp on the stand too where he's being incredibly snarky and dismissive which, while some might see it as being funny, also shows off a side of his personality that he probably shouldn't have on the stand in a case trying to determine if he may have been mentally abusive to Heard as well as physically.

But as others have said, this could end up coming down to particular legal definitions with regards to things like what constitutes defamation, have particular legal thresholds been crossed etc.

This kind of behaviour does her no favours. Comes off as dismissive of the whole process, thinking shes smarter than everyone or trying to distract the jury during Depps team making final arguments.

I did laugh at the first comment under the video:

It's unreal that most of the public is with Depp, smashing cabinets while high on drugs and booze is ABUSE, he doesn't need to smash her too, geeez. And the logic of asking where is the evidence he hit her, come on, is she suppose to say, ' hold on Johnny, let me grab my phone, okay '' action'' please continue to hold me up against the wall by my throat''

Smashing phones into a thousand pieces against a wall while he holds her there is abuse, HE doesn't NEED to smash it off her head for it to be abuse.

Depp was arrested for smashing up a hotel room while Kate Moss was there with him, she was fine, funny that she claims they never argued , when in fact Depp was doing the same thing with her, smashing things to bits in a relationship is abuse, he didn't need to smash Kate Moss to be arrested in that incident.

• Advertisement

Im not sure I follow your thinking. She's not just accusing him of that. She's also saying he violently assaulted her and sexually assaulted her with a bottle. Are you saying because he smashed up a hotel room before and theres a video of him slamming cupboards that Heards much more serious accusations should be believed no questions asked?

Keep in mind shes been caught out multiple times lying in cross examination.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mr_Jacko

I've no sides in this just wondering when the verdict will be reached ~ any rough estimation?

If a small dog can do a human sized ****, then that deserves a Ron Burgundy response.

I'm not even mad, I'm impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭JRant

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Imagine! People not automatically siding with a woman based on evidence given....

Its almost as if people are realising that it's not right or fair to believe all women just to be seen to follow a hashtag.

Depp isn't a saint by any stretch. But there's two of them in it.

Right, well I'm not quite sure if her pooping in the bed or not is of major significance in the case.

I'll just add the hate/threats she has been receiving from die-hard Depp supporters is deeply disturbing and I'm trying to remain neutral.

Why? If you are remaining neutral based on the evidence given in the case, why did you watch it, follow it or have an opinion on it?

The "hate" she has received is pretty comparable to the "hate" he received when the accusations were levelled at him.

I think they are both twats but I think she is the bigger one based on evidence shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 James M. Morales

I think they both need to stop it and do neutral roles from both sides. They need to wait some more time for a smooth solution. it is a bad thing for both, Especially the Jhony. It can affect his career.

Advertisement