Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brawl breaks out at Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Allinall

I thought they usually got the ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Fair fight boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,807 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"What the hell is any tourist going to think coming into the country and seeing that carry on?"

They're lucky to get to see some indigenous Irish culture. Free floor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Was this our ethnic brethren?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Gardai and airport security were at the scene instantly.

After it ended!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Wait til the court case, 100 previous, sentence suspended, pavee point outraged at such injustice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

It's bad when the general public have to step in. What took the airport police so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Staleturnips

This is type of discourse is protected under the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights.

Interference may result fines, custodial sentence and labelling as a Nazi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Theres heavy drinking in the airport bars, even see it early mornings.

Someone must have insulted a family member.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ye without question they decided to sit that one out till it deescalated on it's own,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭SimpleDimple

Where were the airport security / police when all this was going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Ah sure leave them alone, it's their culture...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

Did this happen before or after their slash hooks were confiscated at the gates?

Any other airport in western Europe there would have been police / security involved in seconds. Not in Dublin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭topcat72

Serious lack of on floor security to allow this to go on for as long as it did ( given the length of the video clips ) . You would wonder how secure Dublin Airport is - given also the recent breaching of security with a ( test ) gun getting through security scanners. Should be a serious wakeup call .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

I presume they were all allowed board their flights after that. Imagine starting your holidays next to that on a flight...rats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Sure don't we all know that it is the Settled Communities fault that our indigenous ethnic minority act like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Staleturnips

In fairness to guards and security staff with the scant resources and training they have you cant blame them being reluctant to break it up. These tinkers would only laugh at them

An Irish version of the Guardia Civil is required to deal with this scum. Riot gear, battens and let them have it.

Post edited by Staleturnips on

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

I don't know how anyone can drink early in the morning. I've seen it at Dublin airport while I'm trying to force down some coffee and toast killing time before the flight. How anyone can drink pints or shorts at 5am is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I’m not sure that Airport Police are able to deal with such an incident, it would have to be the Gardaí.

I’ve been in enough English airports to see loads of police there with all manner of weapons. While they wouldn’t use a rifle on these boyos, they’d definitely be getting tasered to get them to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm only surprised people weren't charged to watch the fight live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

If there was ever a bunch of lads in such sore need of a decent tazering...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Paddigol

You'd swear by the sort of comments above that if it wasn't for travellers we'd have no antisocial behaviour in this country. I'd stick the dirty, unemployed, tracksuit clad, Dublin scrotes top of the list for needing to be sorted out. Proper knackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Get Real

Not sure I get the "where were the airport police" questions. Or guards.

In any event, its the scum in the video we should be blaming. Think about it, I could go pretty much anywhere right now and cause 4 or 5 mins of carnage

(but I wouldn't because I'm someone who'd be mortified at myself, and I don't have countless previous convictions)

I could step out my front door and brick at least ten houses to bits before anyone came. And that's not their fault, can't magic out of thin air. It'd be entirely my fault for my actions.

If people remember that car on fire in the tanning salon last week? Imo it's akin to waiting 15 seconds and shouting "fire brigade are useless, sure the place is gutted"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Thank you Enda Kenny

What you did will never be forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Does anyone know if this particular group of travellers were travelling into the country or out of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,807 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Tourists wouldn't get entertainment like that at Bunratty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Allinall

What Enda Kenny did had zero to do with what happened at the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Those are the t1 departure gates, so out of the country.

Advertisement