Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is shift and overtime taken Into consideration when determining what you can afford

Options
  • 22-05-2022 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Or is it just based on your gross Basic wage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Sorry I meant to include mortgage in thread title

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Depends on the lender's criteria. Some will take 50%, some 33%, some none.

Some will need to see it over 3 years, some just over the most recent year.

I'm open to correction here but " back in the day" it was solely based on contracted wage..... shift + ot + bonuses don't count.....as in they're too " abstract / variable"

Its based on your guaranteed income. Things like bonus and overtime are not normally guaranteed.

But if you can show a few years of P60's were you earned more than your basic wage, they might be willing to take some part of that into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Our bank took the average over 3 years and have us 50% of the value towards our income amount, that was bonuses included. I think, as said previously, it differs from institution to institution though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭frank730

BOI took 3 years average when calculating my bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

AIB in Limerick took all my shift work and guaranteed overtime and bonus into account like it was my standard wage, was happy and surprised with that. Quickly wiped out by price rises to the point I rarely bother even looking now though. You'll just have to ask them.

Advertisement