Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heartstopper. Will it get a season 2?

Options
  • 10-05-2022 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm worried the answer will be no. I know NOTHING about what makes Netflix uses to decide on renewals but ASAIK its down to subscribers. Did a show bring in new ones. The show is geting rave reviews and its viewers is high (in as much as you can tell on Netflix) but no word on season 2. How long does a renewal announcement usually take? I know we arent even 3 weeks since release so I know its way too early be REALLY worried... but I'd have expected something. If they want to get a 2023 release date then they'll need to film this summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Space Dog

I've seen speculation that they'll announce season 2 in June in time for Pride. The comic is on hiatus atm and the author has been on a writer's retreat with the producer of the show, so it could be that they're working on the script already. I hope they can start filming soon before the actors look too old.

It's probably relatively cheap to produce in comparison to other shows and the critical response and social media coverage has been massive. If Young Royals is getting a second season, this one surely can get one, too.

It's such a special show. I just finished my third rewatch...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,377 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How many books are they in total?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Space Dog

There are 5 volumes. Season 1 was basically volume 1 and 2.

Netflix has renewed it for two more seasons now.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Wow, that interesting. Would have been against this initially, thought it was perfect to leave it as it was. But given there's source material to draw from then maybe it has potential. Series 1 was just all kinds of lovely, really uplifting escapist tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,210 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just finished season 2 today, absolutely loved it even better than season 1.

A teenage me would have been genuinely obsessed with it, I would say it will help a lot of young LGBT+ teens. It tackles a lot of big issues in a really sensitive way. Terrific music too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Yeah I loved series two as well. It's very striking though just how better an actor Kit Connor is compared to the rest of the cast. He really carries the show.

Advertisement