Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Munster can't possibly lose this" Leinster v Munster build up thread

Options

Comments

I really want him to succeed, he has so many great qualities especially given how Ireland play.

Move to Munster has been an error though, not because on the face of it, it was a bad idea - its just he'd have gotten far better coaching in Leinster and I think he'd have a lot more to his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Ah Jesus lads, four on one overlap with only a FB covering - that's always a yellow.

Also, if ye think Frank is biased towards Munster based off this penalty count, then I don't think Frank is the one with the tinted glasses.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I immediately thought yellow as soon as I saw it. It’s one of those unfortunate ones where it’s just a natural reaction, but it’s definitely a yellow.

Munster will be disappointed with that half anyways, you’d imagine. Good game of rugby tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Lads, I'm at work, so not watching. I'm curious as to how Clarkson is going?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Think Murphy has been alright? He's calling the right penalties, not his fault both teams are infringing. That was a 4 on 1 overlap, potential try. Yellow all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Pleased enough with that first half. The opening 5 minutes was excellent, but for the next 15 it looked like Munster would turn the screw and pull away. That didn't happen and Leinster took their second try excellently. Joe McCarthy and Scott Penny are having super games.

Munster have the stronger side which shows in the possession and carrying stats. They're monopolising the ball. But they aren't playing in the right areas and keep coughing up possession. If they can cut out the mistakes I'd expect them to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Murray really needs to shut up with his complaints to the ref and play the ball in front of him he’s at it repeatedly out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Frawley and Osbourne make for a nice combo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

First half was more than Leinster possibly could have expected, with the non-card for Kleyn and the outrageous card for Russell Frank has nailed his colours to the mast and simply will not allow Leinster win. Hope our young lads don't get too disillusioned with the sport after this.

Munster won a scrum free kick off him earlier in the half, but seems tho be doing ok otherwise is my take anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

From that far out? It didn't look deliberate either, just a sloppy tackle. I thought he was very quick making his mind up that it was a yellow.

I don't buy in to ref's being biased and I think he's been fair so far, I just think that was a really bad call.

Watching a stream from super sports in South Africa here. Not even bothering to learn the names , “the redhead takes it to the line”, “good offload from the blonde guy”!

Match thread silliness aside, that's deep in Munsters territory and not something you would say was close to try scoring. I've no issue calling it when Leinster infringe and have done so multiple times in this thread, but that's not a typical yellow in my book.

Frank is biased alright. Against the laws of rugby!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Former Munster player in giving ridiculous yellow card to other team shocker. Leinster 10ths will still overcome this great injustice to win by 10+

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

And Kendellens dangerous clearout on Cronin, presume certain people will be as outraged as they were about Toner

presume certain people will be as outraged as they were about Toner

Nope, Munster have never committed an act of foul play. Ever.

Oh ffs… I get it in the build up, bit it’s just getting silly when the match is on.

Great opportunism but sloppy from Leinster, for too easy.

Jaysus.

That high ball has been the most successful Munster tactic today. Just can't deal with them.

• Advertisement

Ignore the obvious nonsense, engage with the good faith stuff.

Unless the nonsense is really really funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭theVersatile

For anyone else commenting, please make your satire as obvious as this in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

That was ridiculous.

Calls tackle release. Munster rip it then, "play on!"

"Tackle release"

doesn't release

"Play on"

Does Frank have any integrity?

Josh Murphy is on his knees, the referee tells Munster to release, they rip the ball out illegally.

Play on.

Excellent rip by Ahern, shame it was called back.

niall Scannell seems to be regressing at a rate of knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Another neck roll missed there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Larmour buys his jocks in Penneys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ffs. That was identical the taking the 9 he didn't give when foley got scragged 2 minutes ago.

To be clear, I think both should have been given!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Brainless by McCarthy, round the neck too

Advertisement