Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers

Options
  • 20-05-2022 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Of the movies to come out this weekend the on red I was most excited for was Rescue Rangers. This was a bit odd for me because while this seemed like Disney’s plan to draw people in with nostalgia from the old TV show, I’ve never seen the old show but instead was hooked in by the trailer. Since then I did watch a few episodes to familiarize myself with the characters and just watched the movie tonight. In short, I was very entertained by the film. While certainly reminiscent of Rodger Rabbit, I was surprised to see how many characters and references they were able to use. That being said, it wasn’t just banking in on cameos, but actually did a good job of integrating them into this world without seeming wasted or forced. Overall, I would say if you haven’t seen the show, watch a few episodes and then the film. If you grew up with the show I would definitely recommend this film.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep, enjoyed that.

Was surprised the cameos and Easter eggs weren't just limited to Disney properties and even in background stuff like

Dobby is a Gucci model?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watched this yday it is tremendous fun. Not sure why it went straight to streaming I could have seen it doing well enough at the box office? Didn't look cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭Patser

It's a brilliant movie - especially as Parents go on a nostalgia trip naming all the characters that pop up, and kids just like the goofiness of it. Amazing amount of cameos, but still great on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I didn't have much expectations for it, despite being a big fan of the Lonely Island and anything Will Arnett does. Roger Rabbitt was one of my favourite films as a kid so that was how my wife convinced me to watch it.

I was pleasantly surprised. I never watched the show but I was aware of it. Its fairly standard fare plotwise and its hard not to compare it to Roger Rabbit but its enjoyable. Some of the ideas were great. I loved the Sweet Pete angle and Ugly Sonic.

Definitely recommend it.

Advertisement