Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "Munster can't possibly lose this" Leinster v Munster build up thread

Options
  • 20-05-2022 12:46pm

Munster to empty the dressing room in this final round clash with their arch rivals provincial neighbours Leinster.

Will Leinster once again set out to intentionally injure Munster players?

Will Munster's Rowntree Van Graan be able to inspire Munster at half time to strike for victory?

Will Alan Quinlan's gradual conversion to the dark side life long Leinster fan be completed?

Will three red kings have a hissy fit make us internet famous again?

Find out, same bat time, same bat channel.

Actually that last one might not have made sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭TRC10

Quinny, Keith Wood and Fiona Hayes' group therapy sessions on OTB are going to be pretty wild if Munster lose this

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Munster won’t lose this. They won’t underestimate us the way the saffers did, especially not after how we performed down there. They are better than us almost everywhere and should win this comfortably.

I’d be happy to see the same heart and fight that we saw in SA though. A few guys could use this experience to kick on for next season.

Now of course if Munster don’t win this comfortably……

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Hopefully there won't be controversial result-changing decisions from IRFU-affiliated officials that result in more home quarter-finals for IRFU teams. That wouldn't be a good look for the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

It'll be unbelievably embarrassing for Munster if they don't win this comfortably.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Bookies have it a 6 point game. Funny how some want to paint this as a home run.... #narrative.

So you think a first choice Munster team minus what, POM and Beirne is only marginally better than a complete reserve Leinster team? One featuring Thomas Clarkson, Rob Russel and Cormac Foley? Must keep that in mind for the future.

Looks like this fixture is gaining a bit more spice than anticipated. Looking forward to it now.

Well when one team can simply shrug off a loss but the other will face complete humiliation it's just how it goes. I'm sure Munster are nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The problem isn't that it's a home run, the problem is that it should be a home run but probably won't be.

I'd actually give that Leinster team a decent shot

• Advertisement

If you think Munster are only missing Beirne and POM then I don't think you're familiar with our injury list.

If Leinser win I might never leave the Munster thread.

I’m just surprised Leinster fans on here are interested at all in this and aren’t off practicing actually adding some volume to their shouting for next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,129 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Munster should win going away! Earls and Conway v R.O.L and Russell!

Murray and Carberry v Foley and HB!

The Munster pack should get the upper hand. I would be very surprised if it's a very tight encounter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Off the top of my head Munster are missing Kilcoyne, Archer, Snyman, Beirne, O'Mahony, Coombes, de Allende and Zebo.

I would argue Kilcoyne and Archer being absent actually strengthens the Munster XXIII though, and O'Mahony must find it difficult to believe Munster can actually win this fixture with Leinster having the wood over them so much lately - relatively comfortable wins in Thormand Park, etc. I'd say he's completely demoralised at this point, so it might be better for Munster to have the likes of Kendellen in there to bring a bit of freshness and vigour.

It's easy to shout when you're underdogs and rely on the 16th man. Less so when you have most games in the bag at HT.

It will be plenty loud enough in Marseille next week, don't you worry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,447 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Fair play to aloooof for getting into the spirit of things.

All the other Munster posters obviously just think the win is in the bag and can't be bothered. They're as arrogant as their players.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Munster will be missing DDA, Kilcoyne, Beirne, POM, Coombes, Zebo, anyone else I'm forgetting about? (don't think RG counts...)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

First time seeing a match thread where its mostly the wind up merchants who we’ve all blocked . Is there anyone going to give a prediction ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

I see the usual trolling masquerading as banter is underway.

As for the match. Munster will need Carbery to have his kicking boots on as I think we'll struggle to get the ball out wide with that midfield. I would also have preferred to see Casey start. Anyway here's hoping for a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Looking at the experience in both squads, it's actually not miles off.

Province/Club caps, it's Munster around 2300 v Leinster around 1500 total (if Wiki is up to date).

International caps it's even closer, around 340 v 310.

A passing glance may have you thinking, "Munster might lose to Leinster's A team, lolz", while in reality, Leinster's experience and quality in depth is exactly where you'd expect it, given their catchment area.

And funnily enough, at beyond a passing glance you'd see Leinster As feat. retirees v Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,129 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I think it will be Munster 24 : 13 Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

POM, Beirne, De-Allende, Coombes (Can anyone remember why he's not playing?) Zebo, Archer, Kilcoyne, Hodnett, Cloete, Snyman.....

Yeah it's the first choice Munster vs Leinster here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My score prediction

Leinster, 7 - Munster 30,000,000

With Leinster's 7 points coming as Jenkins scores an own try in the dying moments and kicks the conversion himself.

To be fair, I think there’s generally more leeway in the build-up threads before kick-off which is fair enough.

Tho that doesn’t account for what will inevitably happen in the Munster thread after the final whistle… soMeOne shouLd make and acronym For that ‘Stuff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's Snyman, isn't it, the reason everything goes wrong. No Snyman. Had a nice shiny toy and broke it after 5 minutes.

• Advertisement

Advertisement