Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffalo mass shooting - Great Replacement Theory & the long trail of blood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Again though, this seems like over-simplification.

Why have humans always migrated to centres of commerce or places with greater freedoms over history? Is that driven by fears of their hosts of pension crises? This assertion seems to me to be by the need to find simple singular motivations which can then be translated into simple singular solutions. In this case, migration you say is driven by several countries fearing a pension crisis and thus this is the primary motivation — and so the answer is simple — avoid the pension crisis a different way and you can just drop the need for migration. Or to out it even more simply, pop out more native babies and we won’t need foreigners.

Ultimately, if someone is concerned about “replacement migration” it seems to me that the best solution is to take away the things that make Ireland an attractive place to come to. Run the place in to the ground, ditch the EU, reject globalism and establish economic autarky, foster intolerance — make Ireland a place absolutely nobody would want to go and congratulations, the Irish have been saved from replacement (well, the ones that don’t emigrate....).

You can try to pigeonhole someone using your leading, closed questions all you wish, I'll not be biting. Governments choosing to accept immigrants for X reasons is a long, long, long way off some shadowy, ethereal plot to make us all brown Muslims.

Nah, you attempted to, and failed, then subsequently announced yourself the victor and that everyone had accepted you as being correct. But that wasn't true then, and isn't now.

To expand on the apple analogy from earlier.......lets say you have 100 granny smiths and eat 5. You then buy 5 pink ladys and 8 more granny smiths. You're not replacing anything with anything. You're increasing the number of both GS and PL, as well as your overall apple portfolio. It's not some insidious plot to make everyone a Pink Lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Theres nothing leading about it. Replacement migration is a real thing. Its not a shadowy conspiracy, its a policy pursued for primarily economic reasons. I never acknowledged any plot to turn us all into muslims? In fact I repeatedly stated on this thread that such conspiracies are nonsense.

To correct the apple analogy, the number of granny smiths is decreasing not increasing. European birthrates are declining and are already below replacement levels, so European populations are decreasing over time. At the same time, numbers of immigrants to EU is increasing to make up the deficit and try to stop the population from dropping. i.e, a replacement for the otherwise natural population decline.

How do you avoid the pensions crisis another way? Either you do as the Hungarians have and start paying people to have children, or you take in immigrants to fill the low skilled jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

some believe that a multicultural society is less likely to band together and oppose government , that the bonds of race and ethnicity are so traditionally aligned with co-operation , that a multi cultural society is easier for both governments and big corporations to steer in whatever direction they desire

likes of George Soros has always been explicit in his desire to see the Western countries of europe become less homogenous , so too was our own Peter Sutherland

as for why our media here view multiculturalism as such an unconditional blessing , I dont think RTE etc are pawns of big capital , at least not voluntarily , progressives instinctively view this type of thing as something holy so naturally embrace it wholeheartedly and detest anyone who opposes it , however sincerely

the reality is that for many ordinary people , large influxes of immigration offers them nothing and its perfectly natural for them to ask " why i must cheer it on " like a common - or garden RTE journalist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

More conspiracy guff with no evidence whatsoever. Nothing more.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think the Great Replacement theorists wouldnt be that concerned if America and Europe had a migration similar to the only white immigration policy they had in Australia for years. Though saying that the Brexit did reveal the english having misgivings about being over- run by Eastern Europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Low skilled workers, paying 8% tax, are not going to be paying for anyone's pensions in Ireland.

They'll need more in supports than they pay in. And let's not forget remittances.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Aside from nonsense arguments around the word replace, the fact is that the wealthier a nation becomes the lower the birth rates. It's normally dictated around lifestyle and aspirations. Ironically the people who can afford to look after more children have less, and those who can't, have more. People live longer in wealthier countries and have less kids, hence a pension crisis. Ship in migrants who have lots of kids, should be problem solved?

So the question isn't around really a nefarious clandestine plot, but the invisible hand which creates such conditions. Natural selection in terms of demographics.

• Advertisement

Very simplistic view of the labour market. The value of a job to an ecomony is not measured in the tax they pay. The productivity associated with the job will be a multiple of the actual salary. All jobs filled support other jobs. All employees spend money elsewhere in the economy. Open positions that cannot be filled cause knock on effects in lost jobs elsewhere, reduced economic output and stagnation

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

classic default progressive response , doesnt really change minds

All the most successful societies were always more diverse than their competitors. All the way back to Babylon

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Yeah but this is my point — you are oversimplifying the factors which drive migration and boiling it down to some idea that simply by addressing the pension crisis (i.e. having more babies), this will end the ‘need’ for migration and thus effectively end migration. Simple solution.

But if we look at a place like Hungary — we get an idea of the conundrum. Here is a country with strict immigration rules and also lacking in economic vibrancy — meaning it’s not hugely attractive to migrants versus other European countries nor indeed is it attractive for its young people who emigrate. It also is a country that has made its ill-feeling towards immigration somewhat clear. So they avoid immigration and the dreaded replacement of Hungarians. But the downside to making things sh*t enough for migrants to not want to come is that you make things also kinda sh*t for Hungarians. Cue emigration, stagnation and population decline when it transpires that you can’t just throw money at women to bang out 4 kids in modern Europe when they have ambitions of their own that go beyond being a baby maker in Mr Orbans Hungarian People Factory.

So there’s the rub. If you want to end the “replacement” — then you have to hit and maintain perpetually that lovely little sweet spot between Ireland being just OK enough and Ireland being just sh*t enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Not intended to. It's intended to call out the racist conspiracy theory you're desperate peddling.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ah I see, apples.

Since, we've gone back to primary school let us we imagine that there's a small town called Bluetown, its called Bluetown because all of its population of 100 people are blue. However many orange people are now coming to Bluetown, so much so, that Bluetown now has 200 orange people. The blue population remained stable at 100. There are now twice as many orange people as there are blue people. Have the Orange people replaced the Blue people as the majority of the population in Bluetown?

Answer yes or no and support your answer.

This is why I have to ask for evidence. You've ignore all of the other posts which roundly debunked your drivel.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

By all means post them, while posting my post which you quoted 😂. We can take a turn on this merry go round again

It's a thread where people defending an anti-semitic, neo-Nazi conspiracy theory that's being used to aggravate racial hatred. If the defenders of the Kalergi plan would post something reasonable, I'd have no problem meeting them halfway.

The posts are from yesterday evening. All you need do is go back a page or two.

H. H. Asquith

Again, the only person who mentioned the Kalergi plan in this thread is you. it was not even being discussed until you brought it up, and I still fail to see any relevance to it.

If the posts are from yesterday evening you are well capable of finding them and pointing them out, in the time its taken you to type out multiple posts today telling all and sundry that its all been debunked you could have actually linked the reply you are referring to.

It's a thread where people defending an anti-semitic, neo-Nazi conspiracy theory that's being used to aggravate racial hatred.

Can you point out where I have defending an anti-semetic, neo-Nazi conspiracy theory? Or where I have tried to aggravate racial hatred? Because I am not seeing that in this thread. Despite the subject matter this thread has been mostly civil in tone with the exception of yourself trying to belittle 3rd parties as being 'drug addicts' and 'getting hit in the head for fun'.

Yes, they would have. But your analogy is flawed, because that's not what has happened in Europe, nor is it happening on any meaningful scale.

Have we seen Europe's population treble overnight? Have we seen 1.5 billion immigrants into Europe in recent years?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ladies and gentlemen,

Oscaar Isaac Hernandez Estrada, and friends, are white caucasians.

Sincerely,

Wibbs!?

Europes birth rates have been sub-replacement for some time now, meaning that the absolute number of european born people are declining year on year (this includes children of immigrants btw).

So seeing as immigration is being used to stop population decline, there is a replacement migration occurring here in EU. Do you agree?

The US records hispanic white and non-hispanic white population information - based on that it is reasonable to infer that hispanic people can be "white".

Unless you believe in that US position that if you arent a god fearing WASP you aren't white? Racist opinion to hold imo

Low skilled workers make up the vast majority of the workforce for eg. McDonald’s and they’re 157 on the Fortune 500 list. McDonald’s generates on average about $2B in US federal taxes per year. And in general low skilled people work for high skilled people who leverage their labor to increase the value of their overall business productivity which raises revenues, and taxes.

Change who’s mind? Are you looking to change your mind, and if you are what would change your mind.

• Advertisement

Wasps the insect?

Oscar Isaac is not white hispanic either.

the US does track all these lovely statistics but not everyone may agree with them. A few years ago progressives had people saying latinx but actual Latinos and latinas etc. hated it.

when the Irish and Italians etc. ultimately assimilated after years of being the considered the mongrels, they were welcomed into the white community to help them square off against the next wave of immigrants: the Mexican, and the Chinese

Advertisement