Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Fit

Options
  • 12-05-2022 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi. I have a 2013 Honda Fit Hybrid (Japanese import) about 8 months. Love the little bugger. Problem is some little **** tried to steal it on Sunday. He smashed the rear passenger window and quarter glass (why both I've no idea) and then proceeded to butcher the (keyless) ignition. Car has immobiliser fitted so he was going nowhere. Because of the damage to the ignition I am unable to reset the immobiliser so I've a very open and vulnerable paperweight out front. Now though I'm struggling to find a mechanic who will fix it. I'm a DIY guy usually and will give everything a go but car knowledge is my Kryptonite. So I'm looking for a mechanic in South Dublin who will be able to help me out. 

Cheers all.

Photos to show what he left. 

Post edited by liamog on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I'm no mechanic but it might be best to have the car manual breakdown and list of the proper part numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Johnny_Dread

Cheers. Yeah I've gotten a part number for the ignition cylinder but Honda Ireland tell me it's a discontinued part so gotta try and get one second hand but they are like hens teeth. Found one in Japan and one in Russia.

Just wondering if Honda Fit/Jazz ignition cylinders in general are interchangeable. Anyone know? Literally can't even get a mechanic to talk to me without having the part. I am at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 san-dev

Hi, I am facing similar problem. My wife had bought a JDM Honda Fit 2015 Hybrid (GP5) last year, but could not find a good mechanic in south Co.Dublin area so far. The authorized Honda dealer said they can't even do an oil change on any imported machines. As she is a learner driver, she had not driven it much in the first year of ownership, and hence managed to find an old local mechanic who did the basic oil change for her, but he said he can do only basic works on this car, and recommended to contact the Honda dealers in case any major repairs come up. Hence we are in the look out for any decent mechanic in South Co.Dublin area who can work on imported Honda cars. Kindly reply in case you had found someone. Our vehicle has been performing well so far, but it has got a DCT transmission (dual clutch, as in the VW/Skoda cars), which we could not verify at the time of purchase, as the dealer was saying it was the normal CVT. Hence I am expecting trouble with it in future, as I heard that DCTs are not very reliable. So I appreciate if you could let me know of someone if you have found one. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HondaEnthusiastIreland

I'm not a mechanic, but I do have a Honda Fit Hybrid GP5, and do work on the car myself. What kind of service do you need? I did oil change both in GB and engine, clutch fluid change (very important to do), wrote an additional key (had only 1 when bought), performed tranny calibration, throttle cleaning, and then throttle position recalibrating, sparkplug change, filter etc. All by myself. What do you require at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭dr.dundrum

Really good information here. Is there any separate Honda Fit thread or this is the only one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement