Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Giro Stage 11 - Santarcangelo di Romagna to Reggio Emilia (203km)

• 18-05-2022 10:14am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The big news is that Girmay is a DNS this morning. Expect champagne bottles to be pre-opened from now on. Other than that this thread is simply to satisfy the completionist (is that a word?) part of me. I don't expect much fun here. We have to assume it's Demare vs Cav vs Ewan. If something crazy happens then great but chances are all you need to see here is the last few kms. I hope for Ewan's sake he does it today. Predicted number of posts in thread: 3 or less :)

Betting

Caleb Ewan 9/4

Mark Cavendish 13/5

Arnaud Demare 13/5

Fernando Gaviria 5/1

Matthieu Van Der Poel 10/1

Giacomo Nizzolo 11/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MangleBadger

Strong breeze so possibly some echelons to make it interesting. Bike Exchange to blow it up and Simon Yates to get all his time back. You heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,288 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MangleBadger

• Registered Users Posts: 24,288 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Cycling News live ticker just made my heart jump.

"We've got some cork news on the way.

The Giro are considering changing their podium ceremony after yesterday's incident. Full story on CN shortly."

I assumed Dunbar was free or the Giro was coming back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

ive been on hold to AIB since 22km ago thinking he,d be caught in no time, dunno how long that is but no doubt the f*****s in AIB will answer the call with about 500m to go and make me miss the finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,786 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Have DSM won a sprint? shock

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Wow, that was some mugging !!!!! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Gaviria is going to have a fit again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Cav seemed to give up very early (200+m to go?). Came around the LH curve in third place, the others came over the top of him very quickly and though he got a little bit boxed, it wasn't much. Cav was at both Ewan and Dainese's wheels when they both launched so it can't have been a bad position. Probably some unfortunate QS team member getting the hair dryer treatment in the bus now.

Ewan might be better off trying for a mountain stage win at this point - the flat sprints just aren't working for him.

Advertisement