Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School & Wriggle Technology Bundle

Options
  • 17-05-2022 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Eldest starting 1st Year. School has said first years have to get the following:

€689 - Wriggle Technology Bundle. This doesn't include the price of ebooks. Instead you have to buy the hard-copy book and get the code to activate on the device.

Has anyone ever used this Wriggle device?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

We purchased an overpriced tablet for our first child. Subsequent two just got laptop up to specs provided by school.

The tablet was never completely satisfactory and now we can't remove the school system to use the tablet ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭yaknowski

Yeah there's no indication of what apps are needed. Presume they are all from the playstore.

Google's Family Link allows any restrictions on the tablet so wondering if I can just avoid this wriggle option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

I think wriggle manage the security between iPad and school network, so it would be up to the school to let you use the school WiFi on an unreged device. e.g. you could find your child's device is accessing 'unsuitable' material on the school WiFi, which could leave the school exposed.

600+ for a device seems insane though. Are they also adding the 'insurance in case anything breaks' into the price? You can get apple care separately yourself for about €80 for 2 years.

Standard iPad 9 would be about €370.

You can be guaranteed that if 100 1st years are handed devices, then at least 5 will be/become defective. I'd rather get my own than be haggling with wriggle/insurance for a replacement.

Book prices are crazy too, check on adverts or done deal every year around summer as sometimes unused ones come up. Even if it doesn't have the code I'd rather buy it for cheap and scan the pages into iPad. But I'm a bit of a cheapskate.

Advertisement