Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are solicitors always slow responding?

Options
  • 17-05-2022 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

hi all, trying to understand other peoples' experience. I am buying and selling at the same time and would like to be informed on the status. I've been asking my solicitor on updates via email but she rarely replies, is that normal? I am sure she is doing the work but no communication in a timely matter makes the whole experience worse, it's hard for me to plan anything

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It depends on the solicitor, some are very slow, some reply instantly. The initial email exchange speed is usually how I pick one tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Ours were a nightmare, initially instant responses and calling up. Once I picked them it was non-existant, even at one point being told not to contact them as they're busy. So I think like Tar.Aldarion says, it depends on who you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

some people have unrealistic expectations. some solicitors are a nightmare.

have a chat with your solicitor and get some expectation set & agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭dubrov

Solicitors generally throw that sort of work to the bottom of the pile as they know they have your work.

They will generally work on it during slower periods.

A good solicitor wouldn't do that to you but they are like hen's teeth to find.

Advertisement