Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slippers in Dunnes store for €2 a pair

Options
  • 12-05-2022 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭

moccasin style slippers only €2 a pair in Sligo Dunnes stores (maybe they are in other Dunnes stores) original sticker was €10 nice an comfortable fur lined - must be whilst stocks last or 'clearance'. - sizes are 8 9 10 - dark blue velvety look. - i bought a pair, cant go wrong really can you for a couple of euro

Caveats:

The 'rubber' sole is quite noisy when walking across wooden floors & stairs - the sole is more like a cheap 'plastic' sole than rubber.

Be careful if walking on wet tiles - nearly slipped on the wet bathroom tiled floor with them this morning, again to do with the plastic soles I suppose. Maybe sole will be better when worn in a bit.

Very very fluffy lining inside so quite hot to wear - most probably 'winter' slippers and thats why being sold cheap cause we in Summer now.

Careful with the size , I take size 9's .. I put size 9 on and way too small , so i bought size 10's of them and they fit perfect.

Good luck.

Andy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭uli84

That’s truly comprehensive bargain alert, well impressed, thanks Andy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Looks like WFH has officially ended with Dunnes clearing off their slippers and pyjama bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Thank you very much . ah well you know I thought I better point out the slippery soles on the bottom just in case someone thought 'blimey at that price I will buy my husband / grandfather some' - but they could be a bit frail and have walking difficulty and they are certainly not cheap enough to have somebody slip up and get hip treatment and broken bones!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I laughed at how detailed this alert was. Fair play Andy, you've set a high standard for the rest of us to follow. You should start a Youtube review channel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Looking well there Andy. Very dapper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

slipping on tiles? the clue is in the name!

I have also noticed that about some footwear sizes - I have 9-10.5 UK (I have an 11 but i think that's American sizes)

I think they inflate the number marketing trick like spinal tap going to 11!!

While I love a bargain - I wonder how the heck they can make them so cheap? some poor unfortunates getting shafted somewhere.

haha - i interpret 'Slippers' as they are foot wear you 'slip' onto your feet as opposed to tie them on with laces ... not really designed to slip on floors lol.

they have been reduced in price greatly - something all supermarkets do if they want to shift stock due to time of year they are sold etc , or just want to make way for new stock . it makes sense. What goes on in most supermarkets is they make items below cost price to sell them ... but just add the losses on other products instead to make their money up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I bought tracksuit bottoms in Dunnes the other day, 2 pairs for 10 euro. They are actually grand but will see how long they last.

the clothes in dunnes are pretty decent merch on the whole - can last for ages if looked after

Advertisement