Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade Fire 3 Arena 30th Aug 2022

• 12-05-2022 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone got the presale was there standing tickets or seated only. The last time they played there I remember being seated but I'd always pick standing given the choice. Quite enjoying the new album btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I bought the MCD presale this morning went for 2 standing had to click on the link in the email they send, had a look at the 3 pre sale last night and it was only seated, not a gig I want to be sitting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Aye, me neither! It was still a great gig back in 2017 (I think) but standing is so much better. Actually we were standing now that I recall, no one was actually using their chairs 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

The Infinite Content (in the round) gig was 2018. Was standing for it and could wander around the stage, some spots way louder than others. Brilliant night, only downer being the idiot that nicked Win's hat off his head!🙄

Lucky enough to end up at the path they took through the crowd to get out, have a great video of the whole band walking right past me.

Was seated for their Suburbs tour, no comparison!

Pretty sure I saw your video here or on YouTube 🤔 Fantastic gif, I remember being on a high for days after. I’d love to see them at an outdoor venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I may well have put it on here alright!😄 Have caught them a few times outdoor as well (Oxegen, Benicassim, Marley Park) and they definitely work better in the open air. I'm going to hang on getting tickets for this one I think. Have a good few gigs coming up (postponed and new), so will decide later and roll the dice on it not selling out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

After trying for 20mins eventually got standing ticket after being offered several seated sections.

had to pay the extra for the plastic ticket nonsense though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got a standing ticket no problem. Not happy paying more than the Malahide Castle show. Seen them in 3arena back in 2010 with Vampire Weekend who were great. Never heard of the support act this time Feist?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Feist is really good, worth seeing in her own right IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭Peckham

Second gig. Wednesday night.

Same as this but did have to pay for the plastic ticket nonsense, got 4...hundred quid each, it will be worth it though and I refuse to complain after the last 2.5 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Indoor gigs in the last week of August are a sacrilege. This should have been on in the RDS or Lansdowne Road as one big eff-off outdoor gig. Lord knows AF have the size of show to carry it off, I saw them at Malahide Castle in 2017 and it was a banger of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭swine

I swear I was able to purchase (but didn't) tickets for the Wednesday 31st show over the weekend, but now there's the album presale, 3 presale etc before general on sale this Friday. Here we go again :|

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭fafy

You are 100% correct. 2nd gig was announced and went onsale Friday morning, unsure of the exact time, but i bought August 31 st standing tickets at about 10:45 Friday morning, as Aug 30th did not suit me. I did not need any presale code, allthough i had one.

I’d guess its re hyping the sales, making announcements of extra gigs, and making those people who can get presale codes “special” !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭Peckham

That's really odd. I bought 2 standing tickets last Friday for Wednesday 31st.

Just checked and I received the confirmation email at 11.21am.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Saw her in Cork in 2019, a great night. Looking forward to seeing her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Weirdly, It looks like they're doing the reduced capacity setup for the second night, maybe they held off to try and judge if there's a demand for the upper tier.

Not sure what you mean, all areas available on 2nd night seating map, or, am i missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭hynesie08

When it went up for sale the top tier wasn't available for the second night, it was for the first night.

Thats interesting, they must have done an assessment that 2nd night may not sell out so, and won’t release the top tler until, or “if”, the rest sell out.

i also noticed no 2nd gigs have been added yet, in the UK, which i would have expected, at least in venues like the O2 London.

Not that any of this matters, they are a too tier band live.

Got standing tickets for Aug 31st, albeit with the stupid collector thing, and a delivery fee to boot. Long gone are the days of 'free' ticketmaster postage. They are really pushing it to €100 a ticket :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Gig tickets all round are expensive these days. But when you think about it, we can generally get their music for almost free - spotify, streaming etc. It's not terribly long ago that we have to shell out approx €10 every time we wanted to get a CD. I don't have any issue with bands charging decent amounts for gigs. I don't know what the income structure is for musicians, but I would imagine the income that they make from actually making music has significant dropped than what it was, say, 15 years ago.

Choose E ticket delivery and you will avoid the delivery fee, its on your phone, but also easily transferable.

i have found TM regularly default to collector ticket @ €5.95 extra. but this can be removed easily, by selecting :

1) Click on “all ticket types”

2) click on full price ticket

and then selecting the ticket without the collectors ticket add on.

It has to be said when you are under pressure to buy, its a little harder, and they certainly don’t make it easy.

The default to collectors ticket, is a rather underhanded upsale situation.

BTW, some gigs remain free postage for hardcopy tickets, tend to be the smaller venues though.

Interesting viewpoint - hadn't really considered that. I ended up buying the album on vinyl for a presale code (really liked the album via streaming first), but more than often wouldn't get the album.

Thanks - will have to remember that next time. After missing out on standing for the first gig I just barrelled through it. It feels like an age since I bought gig tickets via ticketmaster after lockdowns so probably me being rusty 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Yeah, go for E-ticket delivery. Venues will still scan a print-out of the qr code. Obviously, try to avoid Ticketmaster whenever possible though!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Advertisement