Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sofar ME3000SP

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Shame that most of these seem to only be 60a charge/discharge and not 100/120a which should be the norm by now.

60a is ok for Spain maybe where you'll easily get the rest from the "reliable" sun but not in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Agreed, @SD_DRACULA

If the oven is on and someone puts the kettle on, you are importing from the grid, even with a full battery. Which sucks.

I think it came from the early days of the ME3000SP when people would connect a single Pylontech US2000, which is only suitable for charging / discharging at 25A. It would be much better if the ME3000SP was 100A. For the RRP price of about a grand incl. VAT, you would expect it could

Several of use are connecting at least 200Ah of LiFePo4, which can take 3C continuously, so could handle 600A discharging if the busbars and cables were up to it 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭randombar

I was thinking the same, but then I thought half the people here have the ME3000SP which will mean a lot when it comes to troubleshooting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭championc

There's no doubt but the ME3000 is looking like the best option overall, with it's controlability via passive mode, the ability to calibrate / offset the CT clamp readings and it's seamless integration with the Seplos BMS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Yeah shame you have to parallel two of them if you want that, if they were about 500 each then it wouldn't be too bad but I'd say they are way overpriced for 60a.

Crazy that there aren't way more mainstream options, like this type of charger.

Plenty of us paid €500 for them or less 😁

Hi Lads, just wondering what type of CB do I need to connect this to the consumer unit?

Is it some special kind of two way yoke or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 banana5kin

I just installed mine 2 weeks ago and used a 25a Single pole MCB in the CU, 40amp cooker switch to isolate the AC side of the ME3000SP and a battery isolator switch on the DC side.

Any chance of a photo? (Of the setup)

What's the reason for the cooker switch as well as the MCB? Just easier to switch off?

Have you wired up the Critical Load yet?

• Advertisement

I live in an old cottage and the Consumer Unit and the area where the Inverter & Batteries are located aren't close to each other which makes the use of the 40a switch useful for powering off the Inverter (only cos I'm lazy and after reading previous posts in this forum on the same subject, I could the see the benefit). I haven't wired up the critical load as I have a couple of half-decent UPS's providing power for some of my IT gear.

Hi all, just wondering what CB did people get for this and what amperage?

I grabbed a 25A RCBO today but now I'm wondering should it be an MCB and what amperage should it be?

It can do 70A @ 58V = 4kW roughly, so for AC it's 4000W / 230V = 17A so a 25A breaker would be good. That's what I have, a 25A RCBO

And an RCBO always preferable over an MCB

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

And as always the rcbo/mcb is there to protect the cable not the device (well the rcd part is to protect us too)

Ive never seen mine pass 3.2 but getting power out of lithium at 58 v is very brief,

But 25a on a 2.5mm2 is adequate.

Quick question on the me3000sp. I bought mine on eBay 2nd hand off an installer in the UK. It had a battery cycle count of 488. I can't see anything in the settings to clear it, is this read from the micro SD card? And if I clear the logged data on the card will it reset the cycles?

Regards

Nothing can be cleared. There is no factory reset. But from memory, if you change battery type, it will reset the count

Hi Guys,

Ive set the inverter up now with my pylon

Couple of questions

does it default to only charge on excess, discharge on consumption?

what’s the best way to login to the inverter. Using solarman but it makes it look like an inverter. Would prefer to see it as proper battery storage.

On the solarman, set it up as storage system in the plant settings

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Do you have to email them for Irish delivery? It is not available on their countries drop down menu. They seem to be the only place with them in stock.

Also on the datasheet it lists 500Ah as the max battery size, has anyone used a ME3000SP with a larger battery?

• Advertisement

500Ah = 25kWh

Didn't know this is (or might be) a limitation? I don't think I recall anyone in this forum mentioning they have more than 20kWh on their ME3000SP

Been thinking about this overnight,500ah is the highest the setting goes in default mode.

If using a bms it doesn't matter, it will just charge as discharge as needed

I've always gotten the impression that this setting doesn't matter anyway. Why would it? The charging and discharging is based on the various voltages you enter, not on the battery capacity

Thanks, that is good to know. My battery will be 560/570Ah so wouldn't like to limit it to 500Ah.

That's an almighty battery, @Mr Q. What cells do you have?

Its used to "calculate" the SOC by counting the power in + out, it uses that when it's running.

When it's in standby for an hour it will then try and recalculate the SOC on the voltages you enter. Often incorrect if the battery is not full or nearly empty.

When a bms is connected it just does what it's told it can do.

Yeah the ME3000SP is very good at calculating the SOC, not! 😂

32 EVE 280Ah cells. Still need to get it all together as only arrived this week

info@wdsolar.nl

So I'm going to use a Sofar standard inverter in parallel with this.

I'm wondering what kind of connections does the inverter need if my storage inverter has the CT connections, wifi etc.

The solis inverter I'm replacing has an RS-485 Meter connection and I'm wondering if I need it at all considering the storage inverter has all the CT's required?

• Advertisement

I've a Sofar PV inverter with no CT's and then the ME3000 with the two - grid and PV

Advertisement